Elephant Car Hire Paphos - www.elephantrentacar.com

4.6

“Best car hire”

written by Tictac3 on 22/10/2023

A very professional company have been using them for many years. Cars are very reliable and clean. We had no problems at all .

“Correct and on time!”

written by RokSlo on 21/09/2023

We went to cyprus twice and both time we choose Elephant rentacar. First time based on good reviews, second time because of our good experience. The pick up from and driving to the airport was on time. Being 10 minutes from the airport does not mean nothing, everything went fast and smooth. The price is fair, once we got also a free upgrade. They saw we have a little too kuch luggage and offer us a van! Great space and safety for whole family. Also elephantcar is responsible that we love our cyprus holidays. Absolutely reccomend. Rok

“I'm absolutely livid with the appalling experience I...”

written by MarquisHolloway356 on 30/06/2023

I'm absolutely livid with the appalling experience I endured with Elephant in Paphos. This wasn't just bad, it was the absolute worst car rental experience I've ever suffered through. What really gets my blood boiling is the downright deceitful practice they pulled when I returned the vehicle. They brought out a mirror to inspect the underside of the vehicle, of all places, hunting for any little scrape or scratch they could find. This was a totally unexpected, low-down dirty trick, and the result? A whopping €150 snatched from my deposit without any warning! As if that wasn't enough, the car they pawned off on me was a complete clunker! It guzzled fuel like there was no tomorrow, and I swear it felt like it would fall apart every time I took it onto the highway. With the €150 they fleeced off me, I could probably have bought a better car! Elephant in Paphos is running a racket with their outrageous deposit and damage policies, and they're handing out vehicles that should be in a scrapyard, not on the road. If you're thinking about renting a car in Paphos, do yourself a favor and steer clear of these swindlers! They have absolutely no respect for their customers, and their 'policies' are as clear as mud.

“ The Worst Car Rental Nightmare”

written by Maggiesita on 23/06/2023

As an avid traveler with numerous car rentals experiences spanning over 10 years, it’s with a heavy heart that I recount my alarming ordeal with Elephant Car Rental in Paphos. Never in my history of renting vehicles have I stumbled upon such shrewd practices. It was during the car return that I was met with a rather shocking revelation - a mirror-assisted inspection of the car’s undercarriage. This wasn't something they had mentioned when I rented the car. Had they been forthright about this unusual inspection, I would have taken the time to examine the car in depth before renting. Or better still, I might have opted for a different rental service, particularly considering the well-known poor condition of Cypriot roads. The sting in the tail came with an unexpected deduction of €150 from my deposit. They attributed this to my alleged detour off paved roads – a scenario, they conveniently explained, was not covered by their insurance policy. Elephant in Paphos left a bitter taste in my mouth with their noticeably aged fleet and what I can only describe as a manipulative deposit and damage policy. If you're contemplating car rental in Paphos, I would strongly urge you to consider other providers. Based on my encounter, Elephant in Paphos severely lacks in customer empathy and transparent business operations.

“"Caution with Elephant in Paphos - A Disappointing Car...”

written by Magdalenalopez on 22/06/2023

As someone who has been renting cars for over a decade, I feel it's my obligation to share my experience with the car rental company Elephant in Paphos. In my many years of renting vehicles, I have never come across such misleading practices. Upon returning the car, I was met with a surprise: they used a mirror to meticulously inspect the undercarriage of the vehicle, a practice that they had not communicated to me at any point during the rental process. Had I known this, I would have previously checked for any existing damage in that hard-to-see area of the car. Moreover, I would have likely avoided renting from them, especially considering the woeful state of the roads in Cyprus. To add insult to injury, due to this inspection, they withheld 150 euros from my deposit, arguing that I had strayed off paved roads, a circumstance that, conveniently, their insurance does not cover. Elephant in Paphos provides notably old vehicles and employs a deposit and damage policy that I consider unfair. If you are considering renting a car in Paphos, I strongly advise you to seek alternatives. Respect for customers and transparency in policies are fundamental aspects in this type of services, and in my experience, Elephant in Paphos fails severely in both.

“Great service again ”

written by Cmfajc on 26/04/2023

We booked a car for a week in April 2023 We were met at the airport and taken to the office which is only 5 mins away. Customer service is always excellent . The car was very clean and in great condition, perfect for our needs. Special mention for agent who dropped us off at the airport - great employee.

“Cheap hire attempting to take money off you”

written by Kiddbm58 on 26/01/2023

Rude, unprofessional. Was given a beaten old car with half a tank. Had to return it in the middle of night with no rep to look at it. Returned the car in the same condition as I got it and I took plenty of pictures but of course they had a hidden damage which they manage to charge me €150 euros. Same front bumper as other people have commented, and since I have already left the country there was no way to contend it. I have taken an insurance, but it appears to be a 3rd party, so I had to do the claim process myself. After receiving a probably bogus invoice for the damage (re-painting of a 1cm scratch), I managed to claim the money back. They seem to prey on unsuspecting tourists. Dont fall for this cheap deals - they will simply dump you off

“Unprofessional and attempting to sham”

written by fajefap363 on 26/01/2023

Completely unprofessional from the start. Fuel tank was half instead of full and was given a 15 year old car that already had some minor interior damages (lights not working when opening doors), but it did its job and decided to let it slide since it was a cheap deal. But the worst part was when I gave it back, I was told to leave it at the airport, unattended with the doors unlocked and the keys under the driver’s mat. Of course I took pictures, in dark nonetheless. But the next day I received an email that the car was damaged (small scratch on the front bumper). It was such a small scratch on the very bottom of the bumper, as in you have to completely lie down to see it. Of course I had no way of contending and I was already gone back in my home country. In addition, instead of the deposit being blocked as stated on the rental agreement, they had actually fully taken the money, and gave me back the remainder after they taken a hefty amount for the bogus claims. After close inspection of their pictures, I had confirmed they were taken on different dates. Regardless, I managed to claim back, through an insurance, which was not theirs and as such had to go through an arduous and stressful bureaucratic obstacle course. No proper customer contact, one of the phone numbers provided was the owner’s father who apparently does not work at the car rental. Take this as a stern advice – DO NOT rent from them.

“100% recommended. Transparent and Trustworthy.”

written by PeterPaphos on 18/12/2017

I used Elephant Rent A Car for an international TV production that was filming on location in Cyprus. We hired cars over the whole summer, at one point we hired up to 5. The service was impeccable. I cannot fault Elephant and would use again without a doubt and have already recommended. Nothing is too much trouble and cars are of a high standard. This level of service is hard to beat, it made my job so much easier working with Elephant for car hire and I really felt in safe hands at all times, transparent and trustworthy car hire company.

“Great rates Great service”

written by flHanna83 on 10/12/2017

We hired a car for 24 days to be picked up from the airport. Walked out of arrivals at Paphos airport to be met by rep. Filled in the usual forms and quickly got our car . A new Fiesta,nice clean . Friendly handover and drop off at the end of our holiday . Thanks to all the staff . Half a tank of fuel 30 euros extra ( not too overpriced ) return car empty. I would recommend this company . Used them last year . Will use them again next year.

“Vehicle was clean, near new and drove well. No hitch.”

written by atusin2 on 17/10/2017

I booked online prior to my 7-day stay in Paphos 8-15 October 2017 and was met at the airport with a sign showing my name. Paper work was completed promptly at the airport car park shed. I paid cash in € Euros with credit card presented as a guarantee until vehicle was returned. My driving license was presented/recorded and I paid for fuel (half tank). There was full insurance with no excess insurance liability in the event of an accident with another vehicle. Excess liability kicks in however, if the rental agreement terms and conditions are not complied with. I enjoyed the manual Kia Sportage (Group K1) that I got though I booked an automatic (Group K2) - same price anyway. It was clean, in almost new condition, drove well and served its purpose for the 7 days without any hitch. On departure, I returned the car to the airport car park and handed over the key to a staff of Elephant Rent A Car who was already waiting under the shed. Many thanks. Highly recommended.

“Good company to deal with”

written by RexHeath1183 on 13/10/2017

This was the first time that I have used this company but it will not be the last. It is the best I have dealt with in Paphos. I booked the vehicle on line to be delivered to my hotel. It was delivered on time and was an upgrade to what I had requested. The car was clean both inside and outside and had just over half a tank of fuel and to top it all it was an automatic.I will certainly use this company on my next visit in May 2018.

“Good Reliable Company”

written by Viv001 on 09/10/2017

I have used Elephant rent a car for the past 6 years, twice a year.,they are very reliable and they meet you at the airport. I have never been let down by this company and they do not rip you off with fuel charges, they put half a tank of fuel in the car and charge you the local garage rate and you take it back as near to empty you can . The cars at the begining were a little old but are now much improved and usually nearly new my last one wax a Kia Sportsge which was in very good condition I have no hesitation in reccomendkng them to anybody,

“Fantastic.”

written by SJPOL on 29/09/2017

I have been useing this car hire Company for over 10 years now. And in the early days there cars were older but always very tidy & reliable. Service was always on time, and the only time I had a problem with a light on the dashboard, they came out & replaced the car straight away. I always hire in September which is a very busy time to hire, but can honestly say I have always had the vehicle Ive asked for. They have met me at the airport or brought the vehicle to the hotel. Most vehicles Are nearly new now & are first class motors. I cannot fault the service they give & wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to friends and family . SP

“Don't look anywhere else”

written by O'Hara9 on 29/08/2017

Just returned from Cyprus where I hired from Elephant for the second time. The quality and service you get from these guys is second to none. From the first enquiry I sent to the sad day we handed the keys back everything was so easy. They reply literally by return and the price quoted is the price you pay ...... no hidden extras !! We needed an 8 seater and that is exactly what we got. It was immaculate and a real joy to drive. Woke up one morning to a flat tyre and despite being in the middle of nowhere, 20 minutes after placing a call, a lovely guy arrived to sort it. We love Cyprus and finding Elephant Rentacar has only made us want to return time and time again. I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else.

“Keep mobile”

written by Haysjp125 on 21/08/2017

Found these to be the cheapest around on the web. Based in pathos they gave great service the car we booked was what we got and was spotless and in perfect condition. No issues with picking up or dropping off. As with most they charge for the petrol thats in the tank and ask you to leave it empty this cost tends to be a bit dearer than it should be. Apart from that I highly recommend this hire car company in cyprus

“Car hire and customer service ”

written by Nick2101 on 27/07/2017

Excellent customer service from start to finish,they are there to help no mattter what would highly recommend if your thinking of car hire in Cyprus

“Tremendous service”

written by Campbell390 on 05/06/2017

The ease and efficiency was the best I have ever experienced when renting - from getting off the plane to driving away in 30 min was excellent, allowing us to get on with our holiday straight away. I shall be recommending you to other travellers in the future.

“Our Only Choice”

written by Crowleypc386 on 03/06/2017

We have been traveling to Cyprus for the last five years. Initially we were using the standard Avis, Sixt etc companies, but were disappointed in the off putting pricing and insurance structure which ended up a lot more than the initial quote. When we found Elephant we have never looked back. Always a friendly greeting at the airport, straight forward pricing with inclusive insurance ie no need to take extra cdw extra cover, payment on collection of car, great communication following online confirmation and good on-going communication following changes like flight changes.

“Very pleased, would use again”

written by Tedrow on 08/05/2017

Decided to use after reading other reviews, not disappointed. Collected car from their site as it was convenient to do so, they are a short walk from Kings Avenue Mall. Paperwork completed quickly, inspected car and were on our way in no time. Will definitely use them again when in the Paphos area. I suppose a downside could be not knowing for sure which car make you will be allocated. However, this was not a problem for us.

Asked by jrf904 on 18th September 2017 Report this content
Staying with friends in Spetson Paphos, in October. Where is the best place to pick up a car from you apart from the airport ? Thanks

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site