Victoria Cars Reviews

Victoria Cars - Ask a question now

“Excellent service ”

Written on: 01/10/2022 by McClellan307 (1 review written)

Use victoria cars for the first time last week they picked us up from the airport as arranged within 20 minutes we were on the road the car was in good condition and clean on drop of they took us back to the airport and within 24 hours they had returned my fuel deposit very helpful staff would certainly recommend and will use again

“Bad business ethics”

Written on: 15/09/2022

Normally hire with Centauro but was… Normally hire with Centauro but was recommended Victoria cars. I bought the premium insurance as always. I managed to back into a wall whilst hiring the car. I phoned the police as advised and let Victoria know. “No problem” was what I was told on the phone “ you have Premium insurance. I returned the car and was charged €150. I could not argue as they took it straight from my credit card. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They will try to get money out of you illegally if they can. I will be using Centauro on my return and let everyone know of my experience with Victoria cars. Customer services and Ethics ‘nil points’…

“Extremely helpful staff”

Written on: 29/08/2022 by Drew3351 (1 review written)

We were holidaying in Calpe when my wife was admitted into Hospital in Benidorm, with a serious life threatening condition, she was in Intensive Care for 5 days and then a further 10 days in a general ward. I hired a car from Victoria Car Hire Calpe so that I could travel through to Hospital each day. The guys at the car booking reception were extremely helpful and while I was signing the paperwork for the car I received an urgent phonecall from the Hospital Surgeon asking me questions about the medication my wife was on and he had to know immediately before they operated. I don’t speak Spanish and was getting very distressed trying to communicate with the Doctor in broken English, one of the guys spoke to the Doctor on my behalf and from a list I had of all the different medication my wife was on he confirmed that she was not on the particular tablets the Doctor was concerned about which allowed him to go ahead with the operation. Which helped save my wife’s life. I can’t thank the guy enough. The car I hired was a Peugeot 208 Automatic which was great.You need to pay in advance for a full tank of fuel, which was duly refunded onto my credit card within a week after I returned the car. Overall a Great service

“All Good, quick and courteous”

Written on: 03/05/2019 by andybay1 (2 reviews written)

Hired a car in Alicante Airport, they phoned me a week earlier to ask if I wanted a free upgrade. Picked me up promptly in the middle of the night at the airport an as promised, the upgraded car was waiting for me. Personally, I always pay full insurance with the car hire companies on booking. If you take out your own, cheaper personal hire car insurances they always ask for a deposit and you need a police report to claim for any damage made, not worth the hassle. With Victoria, I dropped off the car, they just quickly checked the fuel level and dropped me straight back to the Airport. Will definitely use again as they were good value and service.

“Nice cars and free delivery”

Written on: 03/05/2019 by Hrose7 (1 review written)

We hired a Car in Calpe through hotel reception and had it delivered with no cost. Full insurance and full to full for just under 100€ with free mileage. Recommendable.

“Efficient and great price”

Written on: 21/10/2018 by Rhys283 (1 review written)

Waiting for us hand over of car took very little time as did return. Great service

“Good service”

Written on: 08/09/2018 by vangor0101 (1 review written)

I hire with victoria car hire a few times per year and always had a very good service. Very happy with everything, specially with the rates.

“BEWARE!”

Written on: 01/08/2017 by Philipx418 (1 review written)

I rented a car in Alicante in July 2017. When arriving at the office, the staff was rude and unfriendly. They tried to sell me insurance costing 4 times as much as the one bought through Ryanair. I inspected and took pics of the car and found no less than 9 faults. I drove the car without any damage and when returning the car, I insisted that the Victoria employee inspected the car with me. He found no damage and signed the yellow paper. All well. NOT. When returning home, I got a mail from a man from Victoria Cars, claiming they had charged my credit card for "damage" to a mirror. Great company. First the guy signs it off as OK, then they invent a "damage" to take your money. And that's not all. They are open 24 hours, but since I got there at 6.45 they are (of course) charging my card for "out of office" costs, mention of which can be found nowhere. I of course complained and this company now say I am the person guilty of fraud, because I refuse to pay for the "damage". They wrote this "Please note we will also make a complain at the judge in Spain, Denia, for fraud from you side. ". Please note that I am well insured and the so called "damage" will covered by my insurance, so it won't cost me any money. Bottom line. If you don't pay, they will press charges. STAY AWAY

“"Don't do it !"”

Written on: 04/07/2017 by McNeill479 (1 review written)

This company cannot be trusted. Only got a part of the deposit back upon return of the vehicle. They also did not have time to check the car when we came for returning it! When we picked it up, 1am, they had all the time in the world, but not when he car was returned. And yes : 3 weeks later, when I was at home I got back a part of the deposit. Without any information they took about 300 Euros of the deposit ! Last time I rent a car in Spain !

“Always a plesure to deal with”

Written on: 07/02/2017 by henkve (1 review written)

We have been hiring from Victoria Cars more than 12 years and always a pleasure to deal with them. I have just received an e-mail asking us to post our experience and definatelly we will always recommend them to anybody. Good cars and a very friendly service.

“not recomended”

Written on: 04/09/2016 by Delaney168 (1 review written)

We used to use Victoria cars a few years ago had no problems then, however I rented a car from them in August, the office staff try to rip you off trying to get you to buy their insurance, they are not helpful at all, and very rude, when I returned the car they refused to check it, said it would be done next day, took nealy 3 weeks to get my deposit back, and to top it all the said the car had been damaged, which it had not, so anyone thinking of using them for your own peace of mind do not use them, go for a reputable firm such as europecars

“As always a great service”

Written on: 06/08/2016 by Adrien406 (1 review written)

Is now 21 years since we use this company at Alicante and Valencia airports. We have always had good experience. Maybe is not the cheapest but it offers a great service and quality cars. We always recommend them to all our friends.

“Do Not Use!”

Written on: 22/07/2016 by PCandersen (1 review written)

These guys cannot be trusted. Only got a part of the deposit back upon return of the vehicle. They also did not have time to check the car when we came for returning it! When we picked it up, 3am, they had all the time in the world to look for dents etc., but not when he car was returned. They guy doing checks did not work that day!?!? We were two families travelling together, and we both had the same experience. Got close-up pictures as proof from them, but that could have been from any car. And we both new we had treated the cars gently. What a company. Much better to use the well known, and serious companies is our learning. You end up spending more anyway.

“Stay Away Frome Victoria”

Written on: 19/07/2016 by pjgs (1 review written)

Rented the car in Spain, and crossed into France - apparently they insurance is only good in Spain, and had to cough up another 60 euro's per day for special insurance. The company feels you should read the fine print on the back of the contract PRIOR to travelling. Other car rental companies have no such policy. This should have been mentioned to me when I requested unlimited mileage. Complete rip-off, ruined our holiday.

“Car hire at Alicante airport”

Written on: 24/04/2016 by mhMcGinnis358 (1 review written)

We have booked 2 weeks ago a car at Alicante airport with their fully comp insurance. On arrival they didn't even asked for a credit card and we paid with debit, no inspection of the car and on return one of the emplyees checked the fuel and made a refund back on my card for the fuel left. It was the first time with them and the experience was not bad at all.

“Hi, I rented a car a few weeks ago from their Alicante...”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by coosan (1 review written)

Hi, I rented a car a few weeks ago from their Alicante office and the car had about 8 scratches on it and these were marked on a rental agreement I signed. When I returned the car I checked the car and there were no additional scratches on it. I asked the office staff member to come look at the car and he said it was fine but refused to look at it. The next day I received an invoice saying they were witholding €502 euro from my deposit as there was two scratches on the car. I know there was no extra marks on it but I was back in Ireland at this stage. I rang and wrote to them and they said that it was up to them if they wanted to use the €502 euro to repair the car or not. This really enforces the point that its a scheme as these scratches were very small and why should they take the money unless they were going to repair it. I will never rent a car from them again, they are disgraceful and dishonest.

“Cheated me out of fuel deposit and car broke down”

Written on: 01/10/2015 by fgrady (1 review written)

Rented a car from Valencia Airport - Victoria cars and had problems starting it at the pick up point. Was told it was a security problem and they started the car with something similar to jump leads. Had a full tank , drove to holiday venue 90km away and didn't use the car other than for one nearby shopping trip less than 10 km away. On leaving for the airport the car wouldn't start, waited over an hour for help, had to change cars, drove to airport, nearly missed the flight, and am now being refused refund on fuel deposit as they say the tank was empty. They are lying cheats.

“Very good service, even on a Sunday”

Written on: 22/09/2015 by SteveSantiago (1 review written)

On sunday morning, i had a tehnical problem with the car on the road of Calpe to Benissa and in les than 1 hour, the servicecar was at the place and the care was changed . Thank you at the equipement very much - Guy Vanachter - Belgium - 20.09.2015

“Be Cautious!”

Written on: 15/07/2015 by MilesMcCulloch183 (1 review written)

When we went to pick up car, the company Rep tried to sell me excess insurance. When I informed him that we had our own excess insurance among other things he intimated that our excess insurance may not be valid in Spain and the hard sell began. In spite of the hard sell we did NOT take out their excess insurance. Prior to taking the car we and the Rep inspected the car for any existing damage. The Rep filled out the damage report. We took some photos of the existing damage. When we returned the car a different Rep inspected it and informed us that there was additional damage to the car and that we were responsible. We disputed this and produced the photos we had taken of the existing damage. The photos clearly showed that the damage he was referring to, was in fact, on the car prior to us hiring it. He still insisted that we were responsible for additional damage and had the car washed to prove his point. When the cleaned car came back it was even more apparent from the photos that this was existing damage prior to us hiring the car. We referred to his Supervisor who agreed with us and refunded our deposit and apologized. To sum up, in my view the hard sell of excess insurance by Victoria Cars is a bit of a scheme therefore take plenty of photos of existing damage prior to taking the car. Our excess insurance IS valid in Spain.

“Very happy with the car and the Service”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by MattyG2015 (1 review written)

Because of family issues my wife and I had to go to Spain at short notice. We booked a car for 4 days with Victoria car Hire as we had used them before about 6 years ago when they were based in the car park of the airport. When we arrived and saw the new set out of the airport the instructions we had received on our confirmation email made more sense. We went to the bus meeting point but the bus wasn't there. So as the instructions said, if the bus isn't there call the number which we done and the bus arrived within 5 minutes to take us just outside of the airport to the rental office. We had one customer in front of us but within about 20 minutes of getting there we were all sorted in our car (a very nearly new fiat panda) and off we went. Returning the car was just as easy. I paid for the super relax insurance, I'm not sure if it was compleatly essential but it seems to cover everything but as I didn't have to claim on it I'll never know. Victoria Cars aren't the cheapest on the net but in my experience you get what you pay for, and we will use them again.

Asked by PaulKoolen on 13th May 2014 Report this content
When renting a car for two days and returning the car fully fueled, will there be administration / refueling costs? When I pay for the glass/tyre coverage, do you need a credit card deposit? Can I leave a cash deposit for the fuel? I would like to prevent credit card charges/administration fees.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site