Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com

Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com

“Absolutely terrible ”

written by Jbreich on 18/04/2024

Very inefficient. We had to wait at the airport for 45 minutes and there was no information where to get our cars. Then an official came and we had to take a taxi to their office which is ten minutes away. The car was absolutely filthy and almost ran out of gas barely enough to get to the nearest petrol station

“If you are late for your booking, they will cancel the...”

written by Disappointed_by_Easycar on 15/01/2024

If you are late for your booking, they will cancel the booking and offer no refund whatsoever. I had a booking for three weeks and lost the entire amount. They will spout the terms and conditions in order to keep all of the money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. They will make no attempt to contact you regarding the late arrival. I lost a substantial amount of money due to this. Please take my experience as a reason to never use this business.

“Beware of Misleading Practices by EasyCar - Malaga Airport”

written by Surmacki on 03/01/2024

I wish I had checked the reviews before using their service. I can't believe they are a part of the EasyJet group. My recent experience with EasyCar has been nothing short of a nightmare, and I feel compelled to share it to prevent others from falling into a similar trap. Firstly, I booked a car rental through EasyCar, fully paid in advance (over 800 EUR). Due to unforeseen circumstances, I arrived for the pick-up at 13:30 instead of the scheduled 11:00. Despite the full payment, EasyCar and the local rental company, Delpaso Car Rental, unilaterally cancelled my booking without any prior communication or attempt to accommodate the delay. When I approached EasyCar for a refund or resolution, they rigidly adhered to their terms and conditions, disregarding the reasonable expectations of service due to full payment. Moreover, I encountered what I believe is a deceptive insurance practice. I explicitly requested comprehensive insurance to avoid additional costs and was led to believe that my request was fulfilled. However, upon arriving for the second car rental, I found that the insurance provided was from an external company, not the rental company itself. This resulted in extra, unexpected charges and a deposit requirement, contrary to what was promised. Such practices, in my view, are unbecoming of a company associated with a reputable group like EasyJet. They mislead customers and exploit situations, turning what should be a straightforward service into a distressing and costly ordeal. I urge potential customers to exercise caution and consider alternative services. My experience with EasyCar has been incredibly frustrating and costly, and I hope this review helps others make informed decisions.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!”

written by Milnech295 on 18/10/2023

AVOID AT ALL COSTS As an airline good! But the car hire stay well away.. I've never been so let down by a big company like this. They will leave you stranded at the airport or a car hire place and still take your money absolute disgrace. You need to look at the other companies that supply this service and take note on how its supposed to be done. Your ways are shocking and the way you guys make money on cancelling peoples hire and say sorry its our policy its lass than 48 hours notice. I've been heiring cars for years and have NEVER come across rubbish like this

“disaster-sisaponting- no refund -no cars no organazized”

written by ioannissotrillis83 on 16/09/2023

We booked a car for16/8 we go to the office and they inform us that we have to wait 2 hours .After that time nothing happened so we left and cancelled the book but no money got back

“AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!!!”

written by Dereonn120 on 21/07/2023

I wish I could rate this with NO Stars. Avoid this company at all costs, shocking customer services. We had book car rental with this company and we were at the airport ready to board our flight and were returned to the departure lounge, where eventually we were told that our flight was cancelled. So after the panic of rebooking another flight, I then tried to contact this company to amend my booking for 2 days later (car had already been paid in full). I rang the number and was on hold for 30 mins before being cut off, I then tried the chat on another phone while ringing the number as getting again on the phone. Manged to get through on the chat after a 20-30 mins wait. When I eventually got through on the chat, they advised that they were unable to amend my booking as I contacted after the collection time! If they had answered my call in time I would of been before the pick up time. They have no respect that my flight was cancelled and I had given my flight number. The car that I had paid for would still be sitting there so I don't understand where the booking couldn't be amended? It wasn't that I was cancelling and asking for my money back, as just wanted my booking amended. The only thing they could offer me was a new car that I had to pay double for? Does this seem fair? I don't think so? Caused me a lot of additional stress which I didn't need after losing 2 days of my holiday!!

“AVOID STAY AWAY”

written by Hillbob on 18/05/2023

My car broke down so I had to hire a car. EasyCar seemed like the best. I ordered a car. The car company called me at 7am to tell me they did not have any cars and to contact EasyCar to get my money back. I had to pay upfront . Call- 1 I was told I had to wait 24 hours. Nothing. Call-2 I was now told I had to wait 48 hours while they looked into it. Nothing again. Call - 3 This time I was told I had to wait 21 days before they did anything or looked into it. The person who took my call was extremely rude and aggressive to me. I still have not got any money back. They should not be allowed to still operate. Stay away from them. Avoid them completely.

“Withholding security deposit well over a month after...”

written by Rhodes305 on 10/10/2022

Withholding security deposit well over a month after it was done to be refunded. Terms and Conditions of rental clearly states money will be returned after rental if no damage. Dozens of bad reviews on line tell same story. Easy jet clearly complicit in this. Turning blind eye to their subsidiary’s activities.

“Unreliable company”

written by elTodd277 on 13/09/2022

Simply, it is impossible to require anything after the payment. I needed an invoice for a company name, I had been on 2 chats, with no result. On the 3rd one I was told that I cannot have any questions until I return the car. Absolutely ridiculous client service.

“We could not pick up the car, they were no reachable...”

written by Harrisonyv420 on 28/07/2022

We could not pick up the car, they were no reachable for help and refused to refund. This is a sham of a company! Avoid at all costs!

“Great experience ”

written by Taffyd1 on 16/07/2022

I was very dubious about hiring a car from this company , On arriving at the office which was a portacabin did not look very professional, I had booked the vehicle in Australia and fully paid for it including insurance to cover the excess , on picking up the vehicle the process was easy and efficient the whole process took about 15 minutes And the bonus we were upgraded to an suv which was a brilliant vehicle very comfortable and economical our hire was for 54 days and we had no problems at all . If and when we return to the Uk we will definitely be using this company for our car hire mainly because of the much lower hire fees and the great service provided. ps on returning the vehicle everything was checked and Given the okay . PPS they also have a nice new office at the Heathrow hire yard . Highly recommend

“Misleading ”

written by Ali1511 on 14/03/2022

Chose Derby UK drop off location but automatically chose nearby Nottingham without asking. Then customer service thee absolute worst nightmare of a lifetime

“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! AVOID”

written by GracieHutchison303 on 09/11/2021

Terrible car rental service!! We booked a car and a few days later the booking was called and ofcourse now at a much higher rate to rebook. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

“Avoid!”

written by HugoBLT on 03/07/2021

Avoid!! I booked a car on this site and selected the premium package (full insurance coverage). When I returned my car, the plate at the back of the car has disappeared. I provided all the documents required regarding the damage (contract, damage report from Europcar, proof of the funds for the damage being withdrawn). Despite all these, they've been coming back and forth asking for more documents, this has been going on for more than a month and a half now. It is just getting ridiculous. They started by explaining they need a specific document that I already gave them, then they needed more pictures (even though my damage is simply the back plate being missing), they are now trying to reach out to Europcar for some reasons and explaining me they cannot proceed with the reimbursement unless that's spoken with Europcar without being clear regarding the missing documents... This is extremely disappointing because it's obvious I have enough proof of the damage and the fees that have been charged to me... It feels like a company that sells services they will never provide...

“They do not refund for their mistakes”

written by Preston288 on 31/08/2020

EasyCar sold me a service through Europecar from Stansted airport. When I went to pick up the car, the desk was closed with no one able to provide me with a car despite the opening times indicated it would be open until 1am. I waited 45 minutes, but nobody came to the desk and I was left stranded at the airport at 9pm, having to pay for a train ticket and a very long journey via London to my onward destination. Europecar said the issue was Easycar's and Easycar refuses to refund me for the service that was not used, claiming the desk was open and I did not show up.

“DON'T JUST DON'T”

written by SteveandChris on 21/01/2020

OK it seems like a handy service when you book your flight, but in reality is beset with problems. Sure they find a cheap deal on the face of it but booking conditions and services allegedly included bear no resemblance to the tangled web of conditions presented to you on collection of a car from the allotted renter. We personally have had problems with Goldcar, Europcar and Firefly who all tried to force upgrades and insurance plus change the included items in their conditions. Book your own car and read Ts and Cs VERY carefully but most of all don't trust Easy Car Rent

“Charged twice and decline to refund for their mistake”

written by alexeyboroda on 10/09/2019

Charged twice and won't refund. Misleading information online first about the type of the car, after I called to cancel the reservation because the car type wasn't available I was advised to make another booking and write to customer support for the refund of the first booking, what I did and got a rejection. I was charged twice for hiring a car and I was rejected a refund. Their reply was: "The car you were offered (Peugeot 308) is in the same car category as the Fiat 500X. We never guarantee the make or model of the car online, this is why it always says "or similar". Therefore this booking was walked away from while it was still offered to you. In this instance there will be no refund for the booking." I appreciate that the car should be similar, but the company providing the car said that they believe it's a different category and they never had Fiat500X in stock at all. I called back to cancel or to change the booking, I was offered to make a second booking and to write to the customer service for refund. Awful company made me a loss of £100 and lots of time on the phone and with customer services. Should be ashamed being in the group of "easy".

“I rented Easy Car from Perth Airport W Australia via...”

written by Prendy on 30/07/2019

I rented Easy Car from Perth Airport W Australia via Europe Car for 3 weeks and has to leave early - no refund despite Europe Car directly saying they would refund - that refund was kept by Easy car -despite my protest

“Disgusting and dangerous”

written by NicB79 on 01/05/2019

They provided me with a car that had a major fault (low oil) and when I queried it they were rude and absuive and told me it wasn’t an issue. In addition they told me I had to buy additional insurance which I didn’t need and was actually a duplication of the insurance that I already had purchased. They were unprofessional, provided poor service, a dangerous car and since being home have taken 8 weeks to respond to my concerns - in one single email they have simply said that they won’t be upholding the complaint. Disgusting customer service. AVOID EASYCAR AT ALL COSTS!

“I was lured to this site by a seemingly great price,...”

written by 454McCormack on 15/12/2018

I was lured to this site by a seemingly great price, stay away from them this is a shady site that charges you extra for mileage (no rental company does this and if they do they tell you while your booking car). They keep your money and refuse to give it back . run!!!

Asked by Amjad1 on 6th September 2014 Report this content
How do I claim back their damage excess refund?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content luckeyone Written on: 08/09/2014
hi they would not pay me back so I would never book a car through them again easy car just pass the complaint into the nearest bin awefull company