Easy Car Rental Reviews - www.easycar.com

Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com

Easy Car Rental www.easycar.com

“Withholding security deposit well over a month after...”

written by Rhodes305 on 10/10/2022

Withholding security deposit well over a month after it was done to be refunded. Terms and Conditions of rental clearly states money will be returned after rental if no damage. Dozens of bad reviews on line tell same story. Easy jet clearly complicit in this. Turning blind eye to their subsidiary’s activities.

“Unreliable company”

written by elTodd277 on 13/09/2022

Simply, it is impossible to require anything after the payment. I needed an invoice for a company name, I had been on 2 chats, with no result. On the 3rd one I was told that I cannot have any questions until I return the car. Absolutely ridiculous client service.

“We could not pick up the car, they were no reachable...”

written by Harrisonyv420 on 28/07/2022

We could not pick up the car, they were no reachable for help and refused to refund. This is a sham of a company! Avoid at all costs!

“Great experience ”

written by Taffyd1 on 16/07/2022

I was very dubious about hiring a car from this company , On arriving at the office which was a portacabin did not look very professional, I had booked the vehicle in Australia and fully paid for it including insurance to cover the excess , on picking up the vehicle the process was easy and efficient the whole process took about 15 minutes And the bonus we were upgraded to an suv which was a brilliant vehicle very comfortable and economical our hire was for 54 days and we had no problems at all . If and when we return to the Uk we will definitely be using this company for our car hire mainly because of the much lower hire fees and the great service provided. ps on returning the vehicle everything was checked and Given the okay . PPS they also have a nice new office at the Heathrow hire yard . Highly recommend

“Misleading ”

written by Ali1511 on 14/03/2022

Chose Derby UK drop off location but automatically chose nearby Nottingham without asking. Then customer service thee absolute worst nightmare of a lifetime

“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! AVOID”

written by GracieHutchison303 on 09/11/2021

Terrible car rental service!! We booked a car and a few days later the booking was called and ofcourse now at a much higher rate to rebook. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

“Avoid!”

written by HugoBLT on 03/07/2021

Avoid!! I booked a car on this site and selected the premium package (full insurance coverage). When I returned my car, the plate at the back of the car has disappeared. I provided all the documents required regarding the damage (contract, damage report from Europcar, proof of the funds for the damage being withdrawn). Despite all these, they've been coming back and forth asking for more documents, this has been going on for more than a month and a half now. It is just getting ridiculous. They started by explaining they need a specific document that I already gave them, then they needed more pictures (even though my damage is simply the back plate being missing), they are now trying to reach out to Europcar for some reasons and explaining me they cannot proceed with the reimbursement unless that's spoken with Europcar without being clear regarding the missing documents... This is extremely disappointing because it's obvious I have enough proof of the damage and the fees that have been charged to me... It feels like a company that sells services they will never provide...

“They do not refund for their mistakes”

written by Preston288 on 31/08/2020

EasyCar sold me a service through Europecar from Stansted airport. When I went to pick up the car, the desk was closed with no one able to provide me with a car despite the opening times indicated it would be open until 1am. I waited 45 minutes, but nobody came to the desk and I was left stranded at the airport at 9pm, having to pay for a train ticket and a very long journey via London to my onward destination. Europecar said the issue was Easycar's and Easycar refuses to refund me for the service that was not used, claiming the desk was open and I did not show up.

“DON'T JUST DON'T”

written by SteveandChris on 21/01/2020

OK it seems like a handy service when you book your flight, but in reality is beset with problems. Sure they find a cheap deal on the face of it but booking conditions and services allegedly included bear no resemblance to the tangled web of conditions presented to you on collection of a car from the allotted renter. We personally have had problems with Goldcar, Europcar and Firefly who all tried to force upgrades and insurance plus change the included items in their conditions. Book your own car and read Ts and Cs VERY carefully but most of all don't trust Easy Car Rent

“Charged twice and decline to refund for their mistake”

written by alexeyboroda on 10/09/2019

Charged twice and won't refund. Misleading information online first about the type of the car, after I called to cancel the reservation because the car type wasn't available I was advised to make another booking and write to customer support for the refund of the first booking, what I did and got a rejection. I was charged twice for hiring a car and I was rejected a refund. Their reply was: "The car you were offered (Peugeot 308) is in the same car category as the Fiat 500X. We never guarantee the make or model of the car online, this is why it always says "or similar". Therefore this booking was walked away from while it was still offered to you. In this instance there will be no refund for the booking." I appreciate that the car should be similar, but the company providing the car said that they believe it's a different category and they never had Fiat500X in stock at all. I called back to cancel or to change the booking, I was offered to make a second booking and to write to the customer service for refund. Awful company made me a loss of £100 and lots of time on the phone and with customer services. Should be ashamed being in the group of "easy".

“I rented Easy Car from Perth Airport W Australia via...”

written by Prendy on 30/07/2019

I rented Easy Car from Perth Airport W Australia via Europe Car for 3 weeks and has to leave early - no refund despite Europe Car directly saying they would refund - that refund was kept by Easy car -despite my protest

“Disgusting and dangerous”

written by NicB79 on 01/05/2019

They provided me with a car that had a major fault (low oil) and when I queried it they were rude and absuive and told me it wasn’t an issue. In addition they told me I had to buy additional insurance which I didn’t need and was actually a duplication of the insurance that I already had purchased. They were unprofessional, provided poor service, a dangerous car and since being home have taken 8 weeks to respond to my concerns - in one single email they have simply said that they won’t be upholding the complaint. Disgusting customer service. AVOID EASYCAR AT ALL COSTS!

“I was lured to this site by a seemingly great price,...”

written by 454McCormack on 15/12/2018

I was lured to this site by a seemingly great price, stay away from them this is a shady site that charges you extra for mileage (no rental company does this and if they do they tell you while your booking car). They keep your money and refuse to give it back . run!!!

“Disgustingly bad!”

written by brokenkiwi on 08/09/2018

I am a traveller from New Zealand and tried to book a car through easycar.com, everything went through beautifully on the booking system, they even managed to take my money fine!! However, on getting to the car company in Cambridge (Europcar) I was lucky to get the most unhelpful customer support man ever! He obviously doesnt like customers. I had already confirmed by phone in the morning that I would be picking up the car and they had confirmed timings etc. On speaking to this very "helpful" man he informed me that I would need a utility bill (who carries a utility bill when on holiday in a different country????) I had my passport for my ID, which was obviously valid as I went through vigorous checks at the airport only four days before, this wasnt good enough for the "man"! After some strong words from him and me trying to explain how I didnt carry NZ utility bills around with me, he asked me to leave. I have now been informed that I am not due for a refund of the car, and I have obviously had to go to another hire company who was more than happy with passport and valid driving licence. I did show them my airline booking as a back up. They could not have been more helpful (thank you Thrifty Car Hire). So Please if you are travelling from another country and wish to hire a car Easycar are not your firm! They take your money and dont let you have a car. And their customer support is disgusting, especially at the Cambridge Branch.

“Terrible”

written by Walshwh447 on 14/04/2018

Booked easycar for trip to Luton. Was directed to on 3 different buses to find that easycar was green motion located in the Hilton hotel. After two hours of finding the right company we were information that a passport was also required and as we did not have a passport there was an additional charge of £32 per day. I would never use again. Terrible experience unclear information.

“What a joke”

written by Skylero18 on 02/09/2017

Picked car up at Palma which was chaotic,ticket system took an hour !same chaos when returning car, won't ever use them again.

“Incompetence and ignorance”

written by ColinSouthportUk on 17/07/2017

Arrived at Basle on time to find the Desk in darkness at 10pm and told they had gone home. Had to get taxi and return following day. Told by customer services I would get taxi fare back and first day rental. Weeks later they are disputing when I landed and despite having documentary proof failing to address my claim. Customer service is nil. Cars are not what was ordered. Do not use this company unless you want to risk having your holiday ruined.

“Unreliable car rental company:EASYCAR”

written by McIntosh88 on 07/07/2017

I would give them zero star If that was possible. When I book, it said it was free cancellation, then my plans changed and I had do cancel. What did I face is that 25 gbp cancellation fee. I called the customer services, they said when you book with deposit, they don't refund deposit. And there wasn't any warning or info when I made the payment. I believe free cancellation means free. Shame on you easycar. Beware of this company at any cost!!!

“Go elsewhere”

written by 5635gfb on 01/07/2017

The rental price was too good to be true, there were extra costs added at the airport that appeared nowhere on the booking confirmation. Also they charged us 50 euros for a scratch on the wing mirror that was clearly there before we hired the car and not easily visible in the pr-hire check. They will probably charge the next hirer for the same scratch.

“So went online using "Manchester airport car hire"...”

written by cgt2408 on 20/06/2017

So went online using "Manchester airport car hire" this as I recall was high on the returns. Booking was easy enough and quick, price seemed reasonable. But...billed a month in advance and in US Dollars for some reason. You are only covered by third party insurance which is not acceptable to car hire companies you will have to buy more insurance. Basically they are upselling, my car was actually with Budget and this bunch added more than £50 on then add in the extra insurance you will need. Buyer beware avoid! I cancelled to add insult to injury they charged $20. Will never use again.

Asked by Amjad1 on 6th September 2014 Report this content
How do I claim back their damage excess refund?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content luckeyone Written on: 08/09/2014
hi they would not pay me back so I would never book a car through them again easy car just pass the complaint into the nearest bin awefull company