National Car Rental Reviews - www.nationalcar.co.uk

National Car Rental www.nationalcar.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for National Car Rental www.nationalcar.co.uk

National Car Rental www.nationalcar.co.uk

“Worst experience ever had in renting a car”

Written on: 11/08/2017 by Taniyah491 (1 review written)

Booked car for the US through the UK organisation. They couldn't set up the transaction correctly in the system which meant 2 hours trying to get a car in the pickup depo and then an hour the following day trying to still get it sorted. Ended up having to pay twice and now having to claim the charge back on the card myself through the bank. Managers in the Las Vegas office were good. Ultimately outside of their control and they couldn't even get head office to sort it. Apparently it has… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2017

We take customer service seriously and want to address this with you. Please email us with your contact information, rental information and all the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you.- Carol H.

Read 1 Comment

“Very Poor Customer Support”

Written on: 22/03/2017

I'd booked a vehicle on line through the National website taking care to ensure that I could both alter or ammend the booking and not incur any fees. I subsequently found the need to add a day to the hire period. All seemed to work well through the link which came with the booking until it came to inputting my credit card details. I had expected an increase to pay but found that rates had dropped and I was due a refund. That's as far as it got as the website just kept deleting the credit card… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2020

Thank you for your review. If you'd like us to take a closer look at this for you, please send the full details, rental agreement number, office location, and contact information to us at care(at)national.com. Kind regards, SP

“customer service bad”

Written on: 18/02/2017 by Reyna195 (1 review written)

I wanted to confirm my reservation on the phone with someone because I am under 25 and wanted confirmation I would definitely be able to rent the car. I spoke to a woman on the phone who was extremely unhelpful and vague. Website is a lot more user friendly than customer service call line… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/03/2017

Thank you for your review. If you'd like us to take a closer look at this for you, please send the full details, rental agreement number, office location, and contact information to us. - Carol H.

“hung up on me”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by moragelizaberh (1 review written)

I called to try to extend my reservation for one day. the call centre made me hold for 15 minsv before answering. was then told they couldn't help me and would pass me to a supervisor. in actual fact I was just put back in to the call centre queue for 15 mins and when the call was picked up the person knew nothing and I had to go through the same process. they then told me they couldn't change it as it was "closed out". I asked what that meant and if I could contact someone to change it. he… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to moragelizaberh's Review

Written on: 11/07/2016

Were you able to extend your rental? If you need additional assistance with your customer service experience, please email us at care[at]NationalCar[dot]com your name as it appears on your rental, reservation and rental agreement numbers, exact location you are renting from, your email address and phone number, and the full details of your concern. Please include reference number 160711-004513 in the body of your email.

Thanks,
Collin

Read 1 Comment

“Only problem I had was the start page would not accept...”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by cxHull100 (1 review written)

Only problem I had was the start page would not accept an entry into country or pick-up point… Read Full Review

“Robbed and Ripped off!”

Written on: 24/08/2015 by Thomas_James (1 review written)

When my friend and I rented a car we got charged $300 extra because we rented it from Nevada and dropped it in New York City. This we thought was fair enough. We went on our holiday and eventually dropped it off in New York. Everything went fine and we dropped it off no problems. Then I realised I'd left my sunglasses in the car... this was when the problems started. We went back for the sunglasses on the very same day and told the lady at the desk our problems. She told us it might be in the… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to Thomas_James's Review

Written on: 24/09/2015

Hello,
We're happy to follow up with you about this rental experience and your lost sunglasses, if you'd like. Just email our team with your contact info, rental agreement number, the branch locations and a description of your sunglasses. We're here to help.
When emailing, use reference #150924-002648 in your subject line. Thank you.

Nationalcares's reply to Nationalcares's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2015

Please email us at care{at}nationalcar[dot]com.

Read 2 Comments

“Booking from Uk”

Written on: 17/08/2015 by 368Jordan (1 review written)

Very Easy website to navigate, good choice of cars, however nowhere to enter my emerald club number… Read Full Review

Read 1 Comment

“Bad online booking experience”

Written on: 29/07/2015

Booked on line and obtained what I needed at a price I wanted to pay. Went all the way through to payment and the booking did not go through. Rang National who said that their web site was down and to try again in a few minutes. Went back on line, same deal not shown. The rates were now higher for less options. Ended up paying more for less. Not very impressive… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2015

Hello,
Thank you for alerting us to this web site error. Our Web Team does work to resolve any issues with the site as soon as they can. Our rates do fluctuate, however, based on branch availability. The rates on the web site do update to reflect the branch's fleet and can change frequently.
If you have any further questions or feedback about booking with us, please feel free to email our team at Care[at]nationalcar[dot]com. Use reference #150924-002556 in your email.
Thank you.

“not as described”

Written on: 19/06/2015 by vernea (1 review written)

i booked a hire car from Belfast city airport. I arrived at the airport and couldn't find a national or enterprise desk so I called the number on my booking and found out I had to wait for a mini bus to come and take me to the city centre. if I had wanted to travel into the city centre I would have booked a car from the city centre ! due to traffic this process added an hour to my day, or rather took an hour from my working day. I had to beg a free sat nav from the kind staff at enterprise, not… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to vernea's Review

Written on: 25/06/2015

We'd like to look into this further. Please email us at care[at]NationalCar[dot]com with your contact information, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, and any additional details you would like to add. Please include reference number 150625-002235 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Collin

Read 1 Comment

“don't ever need to speak to anyone”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by blackpool11111 (1 review written)

I needed to change my booking but have not been able to amend it on line nor have I been able to speak to anyone,when I emailed I was told someone would come back to me that must have been at least a month ago and I'm still waiting!!!!! BAD BAD SERVICE!!… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to blackpool11111's Review

Written on: 04/05/2015

Hi blackpool11111,
What's going on? We'd be happy to take a look at your reservation details and help with this. Please email our team at care[at]nationalcar[dot]com with your contact info and reservation number so we can correspond further. When emailing, use reference number 150504-003030 in your subject line to cite this correspondence. Thank you.

“POOR service”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by danforth (1 review written)

Dirty car, bad brakes, radio didn`t work... 20K miles on a midsize Sabru!! not happy We will not rent from again! All this at the Maui airport 2 weeks ago!… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to danforth's Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

Hi,
I understand your concern about this rental vehicle and the experience you had in Maui. I'd like to get more details about this rental and help with a resolution.
Please email us with your name & contact info, the rental agreement number and any additional details you'd like to provide. When emailing, please use reference number 150422-002162 in your subject line.
I look forward to following up with you. Thanks.

Danforth's reply to Nationalcares's Comment

Written on: 23/04/2015

Through united airline tours res #265085411 pick up tues 03/24/15-return fri 03/27/15 silver impreza miles 19774 not a happy customer in wisconsin!

Nationalcares's reply to Danforth's Comment

Written on: 04/05/2015

Hi danforth,
Could you please email us at care[at]nationalcar[dot]com with your contact info so we can correspond further about this rental?
Reference #150422-002162

Read 3 Comments

“easy and straightforward”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by ArielleLynch33 (1 review written)

this company always have excellent cars good locations pleasant staff and the web site is simple and easy to use cheaper than the discount agencies usually as well highly recommend to all service is excellent and often much shorter queues at the airports… Read Full Review

“Service could be better”

Written on: 27/03/2015

We asked for a manual car and were given an automatic which we were uncomfortable with driving. We asked if there was an alternative and were told no not really. You will get used to it after 10 minutes. We booked quite a few months in advance and were told they didn't think we would show up as the booking had been done a couple of months in advance. We were not told how much it was or that there was a £300 deposit to pay so when my card payment wouldn't authorise at the end of the month, I… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/03/2015

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at National. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care[at]nationalcar[dot]com with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information (with phone#) and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150330-003423. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Carl, Social Monitoring Coordinator, National Rent-A-Car

Read 1 Comment

“Great service in Las vegas.”

Written on: 18/03/2015 by 345Olson (1 review written)

Just got back from a road trip from Vegas to LA and Frisco. Very easy pickup at Vegas airport. They offered an additional breakdown cover, which I thought was strange, however I took it just in case. When we picked up the car it was in a multi carpark and a bit dark. As a result I failed to notice a small dent in the rear wing until our first stop. I took a photo just in case. I needn't have worried, when we got back to Vegas I took photos of the car as I had been warned about being billed on… Read Full Review

“CDW double charge”

Written on: 04/03/2015 by catawayo (1 review written)

Booked through the UK site. CDW coverage is not an option, it can't be unticked. The terms and conditions document says CDW is included. The rental confirmation does not, in my case. The US National desk at Ft. Myers airport RSW insisted that CDW was not included. They charged an extra 175 dollars. National(Enterprise) help desk are no help at all. Now, is Nationalcar.co.uk wrong, or is National RSW wrong?… Read Full Review

Nationalcares's Response to catawayo's Review

Written on: 04/03/2015

Hi, I would be happy to look into this for you. Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at National. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information (with phone#) and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #150304-001239. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, National Rent-A-Car

Catawayo's reply to Nationalcares's Comment

Competitive fully inclusive prices
Award-winning customer service
No hidden charges
No credit card fees
Free breakdown assistance included with every USA rental
No cancellation fee if you cancel your booking more than 7 days prior to collection

this is not my experience

Nationalcares's Response to catawayo's Review

Written on: 06/03/2015

Hi, I would be happy to look into this for you. Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at National. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information (with phone#) and any rental agreement numbers. Email care(at)Nationalcar(dot)com and reference #150304-001239. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Carl, Social Monitoring Coordinator, National Rent-A-Car

Catawayo's reply to Nationalcares's Comment

Written on: 09/03/2015

I feel I must add to this review.
I found dealing with Customer Care , which is based in Holland I believe, painful and frustrating ; they seem to have no idea that they are supposed to assist the customer.
The two people I dealt with could easily have found out that a UK contract included CDW, but they did not assist me beyond offering to refund 50% of the CDW I had been overcharged by, its like a criminal comming up to you and saying " I took this money off you, but if you shut up and go away I'll give you back half..." . Eventually with the help of the manager at Ft Myers I was refunded all my money, along with a personal apology even though the National desk at Ft Myers was NOT to blame for this debacle ; that was entirely the UK site. I will use them again.

Read 5 Comments

“easy rental good price nice personel”

Written on: 19/02/2015 by Delaney340 (1 review written)

the rental process is easy friendly no card require or post pay cars is good and price is very good the people at the airport office are very friendly and helpful thanks national go forward with success… Read Full Review

“Excess charges”

Written on: 12/02/2015 by Clifforduy8 (1 review written)

We hired from National Car and five days into the hire period they called us and told us the car had to be exchanged because it needed "a service". Why they let us a car that needed to be returned a few days later for a service we have no idea. They swapped the car for another one which appeared to be a lower spec. model and when we got the bill at the end of the hire we found we were charged 40 pounds extra for fuel despite having returned the car full. After a long complaints procedure… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/04/2015

Hello Clifforduy8,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to follow-up with you about these rental charges and help, if we can. Please email us at Care[at]Nationalcar[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding this rental and the service you received.

When emailing, please place reference number 150407-001250 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Discriminatory Policy”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by Catherine139 (1 review written)

If you book with them and you are either a US resident or have a US drivers license than you can not rent a car if you book from the UK. I call that discrimination at best… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/04/2015

Hello Catherine139,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would be happy to follow-up with you about this experience and learn more about your rental, if you'd like.
Please email us at Care[at]Nationalcar[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, the method of your booking, a reservation number (if you had it) and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 150407-001320 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Read 1 Comment

“One of the best car rentals in the USA”

Written on: 07/01/2015 by Davidsondl471 (1 review written)

Just booked a car rental with National, what a great and easy experience, they make it really clear what's included, everything's professional and you feel a real sense of trust… Read Full Review

“Differing rental charges ?/”

Written on: 01/01/2015 by Johan327 (1 review written)

I am an Emerald Club Member and was just about to book my 57 Day car rental USA when a National Car Rental internet ad for a 10% discount When I checked it out the discount was £53.00 less than my Emerald Club Why?? I booked the discount rate… Read Full Review