Economy Bookings Reviews - www.economybookings.com

Economy Bookings - www.economybookings.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Economy Bookings - www.economybookings.com

Economy Bookings - www.economybookings.com

“The company was involved in a sham”

Written on: 31/08/2022 by Joshh17 (1 review written)

I used that website to rent a car in Orlando and there was sham that happened to me. Shortly I arrived at the airport around an hour late because of the weather conditions and that's usually normal even with a few hours late, but I couldn't find any shuttle to pick me up to the rental office outside of the airport and after contacting them and no answer for more than an hour. They sent me a message saying that the reservation is cancelled and you basically I'll not get a refund. The company's name was seven auto. What I learned about this company is that they do that a lot and they don't send shuttles to pick up customers and sometimes they even charge more fees (double the rent). I contacted economybookings.com customer service and after around two weeks they sent me back saying that they will not issue a refund.

“Terrible Business Practices, Awful Customer Service”

Written on: 27/06/2022 by SteveGio (0 reviews written)

I made on online car reservation with EconomyBookings.com in advance of my trip to Cancun. In order to avoid problems with insurance coverage, I purchased "Full Coverage" insurance at the time of booking. When I arrived at the America Car Rental desk, I was immediately told that they did not recognize the "Full Coverage" policy and that I would need to purchase additional insurance for $600usd for my 14-day rental. After 2 hours of arguing the point, America Car Rental reduced the price to $325usd. They had me over the barrel. I had to either pay for their insurance or walk away from my rental with no refund and having to find another car from another rental. I made a complaint to EcomonyBooking.com. A little over a week later I got an email telling me that there was nothing that they would be willing to do about this. I replied with another email to say that I don't accept their decision and that at a minimum, I expected a refund for the "Full Coverage" insurance I purchased. I still have received no response, more than a week later. I then called their support line. I was told by the agent that a decision had been made and that if I didn't agree with it, I could wrote an email. I insisted that I be transferred to a manager, and that was refused. The agent was totally unwilling to assist me in escalating the case. This is a completely unsatisfactory experience. I encourage anyone who is planning to use this booking system to not do that. Based on this awful experience, I will never use them again. Period.

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by NHueppauff (1 review written)

Worst company ever. Will never use them again. Won't refund our money even though we have email proof that I cancelled outside of the 48 hour window. We had a medical situation and were hoping to make adjustments but couldn't contact them. When I finally got through, they weren't willing to be fair and allow us to have our original booking back.

“Unreliable, untrustworthy, unapologetic”

Written on: 09/06/2022 by imalc (1 review written)

Booked a car in Barcelona at 10pm. The listing made no mention of the after-hours 60 EUR charge from 10 pm onward and provided the wrong telephone contact info. I immediately used their site to search if there was any difference in price between opening hours and after-hours for another day, and found none at ALL! They refused to apologise, acknowledge or compensate for the surprise charge. This is unacceptable anywhere and certainly illegal.

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 12/10/2021 by chrismattock (2 reviews written)

We booked a convertible in advance. When we arrived we were told the car had been rented out to someone else! They did not have another convertible - so despite paying 3/4 times more than we would have done for the car they gave us, we have yet to get a refund. We complained 3 weeks ago and have received no response.

“ALERT”

Written on: 01/05/2021 by Ccdumond (1 review written)

Took my $288 out of my account in 1 day got to the airport to pick up car and Economy terms and conditions are not the same as Hertz’s. Hertz wanted a $500 deposit, major credit card and a credit score of 850 to get the rental. They also could not assist me in refunding my money. Have to contact the 3rd party rentalcompany in the Baltic’s. No would provide a name or employee ID. Have spent 4 hrs trying to get in contact with the department that refunds the money. So far still out of $288 (car rental) $250 (air bnb) $70 (tickets to a show) Do not book with Economy!

“STAY AWAY!!!!”

Written on: 08/11/2019 by Dugancl182 (1 review written)

In my situation I booked a car with this company, they asked for $110.89 upfront for my rental. When I arrived to my destination, the rental place said they got the confirmation number but nothing about me paying Economy Booking the money upfront. It was midnight already and we had a long flight, so we took whatever they gave us. I paid the rental company $387.00 on the spot. I contacted Economy Booking to asked for a refund, lol, you will never get a refund with them. Their first excuse was that it was for insurance and tool payments; I responded by letting them know that if they look at the rental contract, very clear displays that I paid for the insurance and tolls bill upfront. Then I got another respond from them claiming that the money was for the rental car and that I was supposed to pay another $127.00 on my arrival. When you do the math, it simply doesn't add up. So have in mind, they are here just to take your money. You need a rental car? The rental car company will NEVER asked for money upfront, that's what the attendant in the rental company told me, and that they always have problem with Economy Booking, that they don't recommend it.

“Worst company ever”

Written on: 20/02/2019 by Mary1982 (1 review written)

Very dissatisfied with economy bookings. I was supposed to be charged $314 for my rental and ended up being charged $469! When i call the rental company i am told to call the third party which is economy bookings. I called economy bookings and get someone that barely speaks English and when asked to be transferred to someone else the lady refused! DO NOT use this company!!

“Don’t waste your money”

Written on: 18/12/2018 by Maximo95 (1 review written)

Don’t waste your money with this company. So let me just say read the fine print very closely because the let you book with any kind of car did but you cannot pay with a credit debit card and I did not see that and they will not refund me my $200!! To say I’m out $200 didn’t have a car for a week like I had planned and she’s been nothing but a hot mess.! I have rented a car before with a credit card debit card with no problem but once I tried them it does not work I understand it they only take credit cards which is fine but then why except a credit debit card when I do the Booking! Requested a refund and was told that they were going to keep my $200 because I used a credit debit card not just a credit card so I would never recommend to anyone if I can give them a zero stars that’s what they would be getting

Ericalm's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2019

They did the same to me but worse

298.25
I complied with everything this company requested of me

Once I arrived to my car rental center "Thrift" car rental

explained to me that economy booking is a separate buisness than there's ,

Shame on both economy booking and Thrift for allowing such buisness practices

This completely ruined my first vacation
I'm a single father of two kids

Raising them on my own

I wish for both company's to make this right

Read 1 Comment

“Refused to refund me $910 due to their negligence ”

Written on: 13/11/2018 by Bmunsamy (1 review written)

I reserved a car online at Houston IAH through Economy Bookings for $910. When I arrived at Thrifty car rental, my card was declined because Economy Bookings put a hold on my card for $910. I had about $2000 available on my card, but because of the hold, my card was declined by Trifty car rental for a total of $1300 including insurances etc. After explaining to customer service that I did not have enough funds on my card because of the hold they placed on it, they refused any refund stating that I was a "no show" and that they have operational costs. Surely their operational cost did not amount to $910. Even airlines charge you a percentage of your total ticket price if you cancel. This company engages in unfair business practices...be aware...

Bobkhan's Response to Bmunsamy's Review

Written on: 19/06/2022

I have similar issue with them however I have paid for Insurence and car and when I arrived at the Istanbul airport the Gold car rental informed me that they had no booking under my name.
I booked and took fresh booking through Gold car direct.
I have emailed economybookimgs, and they refuse to pay me back for services they never provide.

“What would you prefer?”

Written on: 25/08/2018 by szFanning112 (1 review written)

At arrival in Napoli airport, i was supposed to get Peoget 3008, instead, they only could provide me with a Lancia Ypsilon 1.2 engine. If this not a downgrading a don't know what it is. The desk is chaotic and it was hot that day. This made it very difficult to start arguing about the car, so we took it. My voucher was clear that I was not to pay additional money, but reading through the small letter you find out that the all in insurance meant that i had to pay+- 500 euros more for the period, from 10 Augustus until 23. If you don't do this, a minor scratch can cost you 1000 euros. You have to be very careful as they pull you in with a price that finally is not covering every damage and it looks affordable but at the end, you end up paying the same with the real company delivering the cars, in this case, Budget rentals. So my advice, if you don't want surprises deal directly. On the other hand, I'm not happy with Budget either because they too allow this to happen in the way they have made agreements with all these intermediaries. I would expect at least a voucher for an upgrade next time I use Budget. The Ypsilon has a very small engine that is not good for very steep roads and at 37 Celcius it's air-conditioning basically does not work properly

“Stay away from them. Lost 300$ in LA back in 2016. As...”

Written on: 21/05/2017 by stingray25 (1 review written)

Stay away from them. Lost 300$ in LA back in 2016. As per reservation I was supposed to pay at the counter 287$ and a deposit. Actually what happened, when I arrived to the counter and presented a voucher, they have inputted it to the system and said that the amount I must pay is 626$ plus deposit. Since I had no other option I had to pay to receive the vehicle. Since then - they claimed that they were handling the case with Rental firm and after half a year stopped answering to me altogether.

“Do not use this company for your online booking RIP-OFF!!!”

Written on: 25/02/2016 by samepage (1 review written)

I booked a rental car with this company. They did not disclose there hidden condition/terms and when I went to pick up my rental car I was told I could not have the car I booked. When I returned from my trip I was told by their customer service department that I would not get a refund after waiting over a month for someone to get back to me. PLEASE do not use this company for any of you bookings because you may find yourself stranded at the airport just as I was.

“Customer Service very poor”

Written on: 06/08/2015 by Kody451 (1 review written)

Booked two cars in Spain for a family holiday. Economybookings.com accepted the bookings and confirmed them with GoldCar When we had waited in a stuffy office in Barcelone for two and a half hours it turned out that GoldCar would not provide two cars to the some person. Economybookings did try to help over the phone but were unable to resolve the situation. We ended up hiring cars from another company. Economybookings.com have now taken a month to come back to us and state that they will not refund all the money we have paid to them let alone the extra costs we incurred. As a Latvian registered company it is going to be very difficult to get any form of legal recompense but we will try. Their attitude to us as a customer is very poor

Written on: 12/08/2015

Dear Customer,

Thank you, your comments are highly valued by us as we strive to continually improve our service.
We take very seriously to each comment, for us it is important that your submited review was justified.

For more thoroughly investigate your complaint we ask you to send your reservation number to our Customer Care Department via e-mail.
We hope that very soon hear from you and we be able to check the situation.

Regards,

“dont rent it!!”

Written on: 31/07/2015 by annapodstawska (1 review written)

this is one big bull!!! I have book car for 2 weeks trip in Prague. Next day I received email that my booking wasnt made. So called the bank whats going on..been told that must be mistake on companys site. So I made new booking. Than next day I had been charged for 2 bookings. When I called them and explained the situatiation I been told that I wont be charged. Was charged 23 pounds. Now when been waitin for 2 weeks for payment of 230 pounds!! they have 45 days policy...wauu..great customer service!!!

Bookinggroup's Response to annapodstawska's Review

Written on: 04/08/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

After rechecking, we would like to confirm that 27.07.15 withdrawals in the amount of 358.10 USD was canceled. This amount should not have been deducted from your account.

For more thoroughly investigate your complaint we ask you to send your reservation number to our Customer Support Team via e-mail. We hope that very soon hear from you and we be able to check the situation.

Regards,
Economybookings.com Team

“Excellent service”

Written on: 30/07/2015 by Rosemary.R (2 reviews written)

Hired the car in Geneva. The staff delivered the car to train station and were very helpful. We were given a Renault Megan Scenic which was perfect for us. When we delivered back the car to Geneva airport the staff were again very friendly and helpful. Just before boarding the flight I realised that I had left my iphone 6 on the back seat. I phoned from phone my wife the hire car company who went to look for it and called me back to say that they had found it and would post it to my home address, which they did. Excellent and courteous service, will use them again and would highly recommend.

Bookinggroup's Response to Rosemary.R's Review

Written on: 04/08/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your comment and for choosing Booking Group. We appreciate every review, by which we make our service better.
We make every effort to ensure that each client returns home with a pleasant car rental experience.
If you would like to get any further information regarding your rental period, please contact us via email.
We are looking forward for the future collaboration.

Best Regards,

Read 1 Comment

“Every Time Best Services!”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by Swanson.J (1 review written)

Amazing, I am very happy with cars from this company. Stylish car with no extra fee!

Bookinggroup's Response to Swanson.J's Review

Written on: 07/07/2015

Dear Customer,

We do so appreciate You and your review. We hope to see You again using our services.

We do honor every single review for the improvement of our services.

King regards,
Booking Group Customer support team.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by Abar64 (1 review written)

Preparation for car rental in Milan was wonderful and easy, it has also successfully contracted with the company Economybookings.

Bookinggroup's Response to Abar64's Review

Written on: 07/07/2015

Dear Customer,

Thank You very much for the review and choosing our services. Our point is to provide the best customer service and booking with the most trustful rental companies.

King regards,
Booking Group Customer support team.

Read 1 Comment

“No respect for customers”

Written on: 10/06/2015

I was charged Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of petrol and told to return the car empty. I do not like this in principle because one cannot return the car empty. It is a way to add a couple of Euro to the rental in free fuel for the Rental Agency. But Economybookings said that was the policy and the rental fee was attractive, so I agreed. So far so good, however: • When I picked the vehicle up, it actually had less than 1/2 tank of fuel (about 7/16 in my case). • From as empty a tank as I dared go I put in Euro 30 of fuel. This fills the tank to over 7/8 on the gauge, When I pay for 1/2 tank of fuel, I expect to get 1/2 tank, not an excuse that - it is almost 1/2 full. When I pay Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of fuel I expect that is what 1/2 tank of fuel costs. In fact Euro 30 comes close to filling this car! When I wrote to Economybookings about this, they did not even have the courtesy to respond. That is unacceptable. In fact, the price was good, even with the overcharge on the fuel. But I would never rent with Economybooking again on principle. They simply do not have the courtesy to even respond to comments. This was also noted in some reviews I saw before renting from them, but I discounted them. I no longer do. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Written on: 19/06/2015

Dear Customer,

Thank You for the comment. We do apologize for any inconveniences caused by.

According to the rental terms the rental vehicle is handed over with a full or half-full(depends from the rental period) tank of fuel and may be returned without the need to top up the tank so the customer is not obliged to search for petrol stations close to the drop-off location or to wait around unnecessarily while fuel levels are verified. So it is not to add couple of Euros but provide quicker service.

The price of this service is determined in line with its fuel capacity, the price of fuel at the time the vehicle is delivered, and operations and logistics expenses.This is the unit price of the fuel, using as a reference figure the average price in service stations.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if You are still have a questions. Send the email to our Customer Support Team.

Best wishes,
Customer Care Department team

Written on: 09/07/2015

Dear Client,

We are sorry to hear that your car hire experience with Booking Group was not a pleasurable one. We appreciate every review, by which we make our service better.

Regarding the fuel policy, each supplier has different options for this. You can search for a supplier which has a 'full to empty' policy, meaning that you collect a vehicle with a full tank and return it with an empty tank.
This information was clearly stated in terms and conditions.
Please do contact us directly via email in case if you will need any further information or assistance.

Best Regards,

Read 2 Comments

“This website for a car rental is VERY VERY deceitful....”

Written on: 01/05/2015 by Blessedistheman (1 review written)

This website for a car rental is VERY VERY deceitful. Please look at all reviews when booking with this site. I booked an economy car rental from Fox Car Rental Service in Phoenix for one week thinking I would be paying $173.00 for the TOTAL car rental. They also wanted the payment up front. Before I entered my payment information it stated the TOTAL car rental would be $173.00. It was not until AFTER I paid for the rental that it showed that taxes and fees were not included (in fine print-AFTER payment was made). I called Fox Rental to see if that was true and was informed that since Economybookings.com was a third party rental that not only was the taxes and fees not included but they would be holding $450.00 on my credit card until after the car was returned and that my total would be the $173.00 for the rental PLUS 0ver $100 extra for taxes and fees. They would then take out the $270 plus dollars from the $450 and credit the different back on my credit card. I called Economybookings.com to cancel the rental reservation and was told there was a cancellation fee of $33.00 since I didn’t cancel within 48 hours. Although I did not see any cancellation policy on the site (mine you that I made the reservation on a Wednesday night for a Friday reservation). I just hate I gave Economybookings.com $33 for their scheming tactic. Just imagine how much money they made off other people they have already schemed. The good news is that I was able to re-book with Hotwire.com for a compact car with Hertz for $199.00 taxes and fees total for the same number of days. Buyer Beware!! DO NOT BOOK WITH ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM

Bookinggroup's Response to Blessedistheman's Review

Written on: 07/05/2015

Dear Customer,

According to the economybookings policy, absolutely all terms and conditions of the rental agreement and Cancellation policy are available on the booking engine when you select the car type and enter other relevant information. The requirement to pay the Taxes and Fees on arrival was mentioned on the website BEFORE You have paid the prepayment.

Best wishes,
Customer Care Department team.

Bigdiscount's Response to Blessedistheman's Review

Written on: 30/05/2017

I suffered the same fate and to add to my demise they charged me $25 fee for locating this high priced deal...I naturally thought the $25 would go toward the rental when I picked up the car...well, who paid me to think....

Read 2 Comments