GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“You pay more than the price”

Written on: 29/08/2022

Over charged on collection and poor quality car. The price paid was extortionate and far exceeded the cost of our flights, and then the car turned out to be a very cheap model. We were charged extra fees on top to collect it and staff reiterated several times that the airline would compensate (we were delayed), which we didn’t believe, but the only way to get the car was to pay it. No other ways to contact gold car, no email address, the tactics used to extort extra money were underhand with no customer service option

“This company manipulate to get your money, much more...”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by MacGregorbd342 (1 review written)

This company manipulate to get your money, much more then you thought you would have to pay. They don't care and laugh to your face because they know you are in a trap once you made the reservation.

“Car rental company”

Written on: 26/06/2022 by Lyonli45 (1 review written)

Please please don’t use this Company. My flight to Bordeaux was cancelled and I rebooked on a later flight. They refused to let me collect at a later time that day even though I’d payed in advance resulting in me losing 480 Euros and missing a wedding. Absolute disgrace as a Company. Pass you on to a third party to deal with you by email. Use any company other than these bandits.

“Bad experience at Goldcar Palma airport. At collection...”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by IgorM (1 review written)

Bad experience at Goldcar Palma airport. At collection desk staff smiling and making jokes, at same time doing they black business adding any possible insurance to original booking without customer concern. My original reservation was €343, when adding all extras goes to €745 including fuel deposit. They ask to sign on the pad and then give you printed agreement.Most people get realised about overcharge only when looking to credit card statement. Another issue state of the supplied vehicle- it has been damaged all over, missing aerial, high mileage, and strange clunking noise coming from gearbox. Avoid Gold car at all cost, customer services not helpfull, you will need physically brake down,than they may do something.

“Pay Attention Never Rent From GOLDCAR!! “May 2022””

Written on: 09/05/2022 by SergioOne (1 review written)

We rented a big station wagon from Goldcar for our holiday in Alicante. Arrived at the airport in Alicante it already went wrong when collecting the car keys. There were many customers waiting at the counter and the tracking number system was not working. This caused a lot of stress. When it was finally our turn we got an employee who very aggressively wanted to sell us the most expensive insurance. After that we were told that the car we rented was not there but she was going to call for an alternative. We had ordered a Ford Focus SW station wagon because it is very spacious inside. After a long phone call, the employee told us that we were getting a Skoda Octavia station wagon instead. I agreed because this has about the same space inside. We went to the place where you could pick up the car, here we were told that we had to wait half an hour because the car was not there. We had to wait here for over an hour for the car. When the car finally arrived it turned out to be a Skoda Fabia. This is a very small car that we had not rented nor paid for. We talked to the employee who handed us the car keys, she reacted aggressively and told that this was our car. In total it took more than 2 hours to get off the airport Alicante. We were very disappointed with the start of our holiday caused by Goldcar Alicante. In the car I found papers from another car rental company in the dashboard. Goldcar had therefore quickly rented this car from another rental company. While I booked this car 4 months in advance!! Upon arrival at our hotel, we immediately tried to get in touch with someone from Goldcar so that we could still get another car. Both by phone we were unable to speak to anyone and the emails were also not responded to. When we got home there was another surprise waiting for us!! We got an email with a photo that there was some beach sand in the trunk. We went to the beach a few times and this had fallen off the beach chairs. We were told that our deposit of €150; was canceled and this amount was needed to vacuum the few grains of sand from the back of the car. The email of Goldcar was of course a NOReply. We immediately tried to call to explain our story but after being on hold for over 1 hour we stopped. I want to warn everyone through this review please do not book with Goldcar. Don't book your car here!!!

“Avoid avoid avoid !!!”

Written on: 28/04/2022 by Wales08 (1 review written)

An arrogant rude newly employed to look for faults Goldcar Attendant nearly ran my husband over in Alicante airport, said there was a mark on the car that was already there and could be washed off, complained about nearly being ran over and the mark being there, they didn’t even mention the frightening incident just said you signed you pay, they have lost lots of custom as my husband and his friends go away golfing a lot and book with them, no more, your loss goldcar. Absolutely disgusting customer service or rather lack of customer service

“BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE”

Written on: 10/03/2022 by Biziyaremye (1 review written)

Last week (March 2022) my sister and I returned Gold car to Alicante airport. When the guy was checking the car he went to the front of the car and took a photo UNDERNEATH the car, and said there was a scratch which was going to cost us 100 Euro. He never checked the back or sides underneath he just went straight for the front (funny how he knew just where to look) When we argued they insisted that we should have checked under the car before we took it. What rubbish. My sister had a hip replacement a few months ago and who is capable of checking under a car unless it’s on a ramp. Do not use this company or if u do get down on your hands and knees and take photos of under the car or insist they put the car up on a ramp for you to check it or you won’t be responsible for damages under the car. We were going home for a family funeral, so frustrating when you know you are being tricked and can do nothing about it!!!!!!

“I want to share with you a sad and deceptive...”

Written on: 02/01/2022 by GunAi (1 review written)

I want to share with you a sad and deceptive experience from the car rental company Goldcar. We rented a car at the airport in Alicante a couple of weeks ago. We have done so many times (from different companies) during the eight years we have visited Gran Alacant, and always use the "basic insurance", ie never bought the expensive extra insurance that they always try to sell on us. It has always worked without problems in the past. This time we traveled home with an early flight, which meant that we returned the car before Goldcar opened in the morning. Judge our surprise once we get information at home that they found four scratch marks on the car, two of which were in exactly the same places that were marked at check-out. In addition, they had found two "scratches" that in the picture look like dirt that disappears when washed !? Due to these "damages", they have deducted 740 Euros from my credit card. When I then call their Customer Service to dispute the claims, they inform me that I must email my claims to them. I have done so and sent several reminders, but they totally ignore the answer! Have shared the information on FB, and it seems that very many have experienced the same thing. They have simply put this way of making extra money as a business idea! Never ever rent a car from this company!!!!

“Over charged”

Written on: 21/11/2021 by Gerry.Laing (1 review written)

I rented a car on 30.07.21 had to leave a fuel deposit of 199,00 which should have been returned once the car had been returned re-fuelled which it was, and I have the fuel receipt.When I received my credit card bill they had taken 153.00 from my account, unfortunately I had rented a second car from them prior to receiving my statement, and they have done this again. I have filled two claims without response, avoid at all costs

“Avoid completely”

Written on: 20/11/2021 by Carolioney (1 review written)

Hired a car at good price online and bought our own excess cover as we usually do. When it came to pick up the agent argued with us agressively saying that our insurance was useless and we had to take out their insurance at a cost of £200 and also pay another£50 for fuel in case we didn't bring it back with same amount in. We caved in and paid. We returned the car in same condition and with same amount of fuel. on return home just had credit card bill they have refunded £46.24 for the fuel and then charged us £25.54 for no reason whatsoever! Will never use them again whole experience very unpleasant.

“Goldcar with fuel charges, I had to pay 128 euros for...”

Written on: 02/10/2021 by c14mpx (3 reviews written)

Goldcar with fuel charges, I had to pay 128 euros for airport tax and a full tank of fuel, they told me I would be refunded for whatever fuel remained in the tank which was approximately 2/3rds full on return. I did not receive any refund and was actually charged another 19 euros to my credit card. I definitely will not be using Goldcar again, these extra charges. Also the car, an older Cactus C4 had a bit of a clutch problem and I had thick smoke coming from the engine bay whilst trying to go up a steep incline. A positive is that the initial rental charge was competitive.

“Use another company ”

Written on: 16/09/2021 by Miles377 (1 review written)

I book a car on line and signed up to an account and paid £500 for a rental including insurance from Malaga, due to a later covid test I was delayed by two days, on arrival my booking still had 9 days to run, I was told that my booking was automaticity canceled after 6 hours, ok my can May have been let out but I could have been given another but no, you have to pay again and had to pay another £422, also had to pay for more insurance which can’t be correct, a total sham, they gave me 552 points on my account for the first booking but nothing for the second, company’s like this want you business what a joke, only this type of company conducts business like this. NEVER NEVER USE GOLD CAR tAke you business else where. All abotone wants is a realistic car rental and in my case full insurance to avoid issues later. Regular traveler through I would give them a chance but no way. Original reservation 29559764 €553.06 airport charge contract 20831487 €424.39 so in total €977.45 for a basic car for 9 days you can do better at another car rental company

“I was given a car with lots of damage on it. When I...”

Written on: 20/05/2021 by Davidblacks (1 review written)

I was given a car with lots of damage on it. When I returned the car and on my way home they emailed me to advise that there was a scratch on the front bumper and charged my credit card with 200 euros. As I hadn't caused any damage I complained to custimer services. Their response was to ask if I had taken any photos. I didn't due to the number of dents and scratches when I coleected the car. So unfortunately I have no proof. This is the second time. Six months ago I was charged 350euros for a scratch on a wheel rim. After numerous emails and phone calls they reduced the charge to 150 euros. I'll never use Goldcar again. DO NOT HIRE CARS FROM GOLDCAR

“I wrote a 1* review for Goldcar 3 months ago when they...”

Written on: 10/12/2020 by AnotherGoldcarVictim (1 review written)

I wrote a 1* review for Goldcar 3 months ago when they charged me for their insurance so thought I would update this site with my progress. Despite completing the complaint form on their website, twice, and having emailed 4 times and telephoned 3 times I am yet to receive a reply. When you call their shameless telephone staff say they are unable to deal with your complaint over the phone but assure you the matter is being dealt with and you will just have to wait for them to email their reply, which never happens. The whole operation reflects badly on Spain and I’m stunned the Spanish authorities haven’t arrested the directors. The evidence is clearly available and even WHICH magazine have exposed them and voted them the worst hire car company in Europe for FIVE YEARS RUNNING! I can only think that they get away with it because the individual amounts that are extorted are relatively small, and the problems of trying to seek recompense from a ‘foreign’ company are a challenge that most victims give up trying. I am now trying to progress the matter via the Junta de Andalusia and seeking ways to involve the Local Police or Guardia Civil and am even trying to find a lawyer who will consider a Class Action or a SuperComplaint. Would anybody like to join me?

Armstger's Response to AnotherGoldcarVictim's Review

Written on: 07/02/2021

Yes sadly it is all true!

Read 1 Comment

“Goldcar Las Palmas”

Written on: 22/11/2020 by ssGriffin-Alt133 (1 review written)

Goldcar Las Palmas, Gran Canaria (Goldcar LP) has charged us €200 for what we believe is pre-existing damage to a white Fiat 500 hire car, registration 3030KPW. The car is fairly new and in good condition with a few scratches. Please leave a review if you hired the same car and were also charged for barely noticeable dents that you think were there when you hired it. We are contacting the CEO of Europcar Mobility Group to complain. Details below:- 1. On pick up, the Goldcar Las Palmas representatives parked the car in a dark area with the damaged car side close against another car making full on photography of the driver car side impossible. 2. The car unusually had been left with sticky tape residues about 15 cms wide above the door handle - making it easy for any Goldcar LP staff member to identify this particular car door. 3. On drop off, the Goldcar representative identified the first tiny dent within a minute and she didn’t check the entire car. 4. Once the Goldcar representative realised we had managed to get a photo of the first tiny dent she immediately went back to the car and only then did she point out to us a second, smaller dent on the edge of the car door. 5. She then closed the Goldcar LP cabin and walked away without explaining what she was doing. 6. She charged us €200 in the main Goldcar LP office. Then, on following her and asking her to return to the drop off cabin to retrieve our paperwork, she refused to examine our enlarged photos. 7. She then refused to engage with us only telling us there was a dent we couldn’t prove was there at the start and we had been charged €200 for this. 8. Photos showed the car parked close against another car, the darkness of the car park spot and the dents.

“My wife and i rented a car at Malaga Airport for four...”

Written on: 06/11/2020 by MennoD87 (1 review written)

My wife and i rented a car at Malaga Airport for four days. We used it to travel to our apartment and one day we drove to Torrox (+/- 50 km). I was very surprised that the transferd 180 euros from my creditcard. They claim that i drove 700 km with the car. I can prove that this isn't the case with our pin transaction history (all in Malaga and Torrox). But the refuse to give the money back. I'm surprised that they can do this for years and years!! Don't ever rent a car at this teribble company!

“Save yourself the hassle. The small saving on the car...”

Written on: 03/11/2020 by Ehull123 (1 review written)

Save yourself the hassle. The small saving on the car rental is not worth the weeks of hassle trying to chase a company that is entirely geared up to make you just give up. They keep fuel deposits despite sending confirmation that deposits will be refunded, probably in the hope that people don’t notice the €50 within a busy credit card statement. Just don’t do it!

“Double charge.”

Written on: 14/10/2020 by Johnglenrose (1 review written)

I booked Goldcar hire in November 2019, only to find they took the payment twice from my account, on the same day. Despite numerous attempts, they have point blank refused to refund my extra payment. They claim they refunded it, but have not and refused to provide "evidence" that they had. My bank have confirmed that no re-payment has been made. So frustrating and infuriating. AVOID GOLDCAR LIKE THE PLAGUE.

“I will never use GOLDCAR again”

Written on: 25/09/2020 by Olsoned254 (1 review written)

I recommend you read all of this. I booked and paid for a hire car, excluding cover for the insurance excess, from GOLDCAR. I arrived to collect my car from Malaga Airport on 29th August and saw one of their desk agents. He took my Credit Card to make a charge for the insurance excess and said it had been authorised. The amount was about Euro 1,450. He then went to debit my account with the fuel deposit using the same card but, apparently, despite two attempts said that it had been declined. There was absolutely no reason why this should have happened but I offered another card. The agent then told me that the two debits had to be on the same card and if this was not possible I would have to take their insurance, but he could not explain why. I did not realise at the time but GOLDCAR's cover costs the grossly exorbitant amount of about Euro 20 per day - that's the equivalent of about Euro 7,300 per annum!! To insure an excess of 1450!! I am an Insurance Broker by profession and know the likely actuarial cost and their charge amounts to extortion. On my return to the UK I phoned my credit card company and was (now) not surprised to learn that no debits had even been requested by GOLDCAR (or any other company) on the day in question, let alone declined. It is therefore obvious that the whole check-in procedure was a complete charade to extort money under pressure. This is not just bad service or a misunderstanding. I will never use GOLDCAR again and suggest you shouldn't either.

Johnc_Ireland's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2020

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAQUE UNLESS YOU LIKE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD.

Gordon Westcott's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2020

In addition to two complaints to them via their website I have now emailed 4 times and phoned 3 times and have still not even received a response.
This is pre-planned theft followed by astonishingly arrogant behaviour.
I will not let them get away with this and thousands of other customers (Google 'Goldcar Complaints' or similar) and am trying to get the Local Police or Guardia Civil involved as well as Junta de Andalucia and maybe even a solicitor to pursue a class action.
Goldcar drag everything Spanish into disrepute.

Read 2 Comments

“Paid online but no car given and no refund”

Written on: 19/09/2020 by DavianUpton158 (1 review written)

As the company offered low prices for car rental, we booked a car online from France and paied online 150 Euro. When we arrived at the airport of Cagliari, at the office the employee refused to give us a car saying we didn't have a credit card. That wasn't stated in our French version of the contract we got on our email address that we had to have it and the website let us pay. No solution has been offered neither by the employee who continued telling us that we couldn't proceed and began ignoring us at a certain point nor by the service available by the phone. Be careful and never pay in advance with this company!