GoldCar Rental Reviews - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Cheating customers”

Written on: 08/12/2017 by Excesscharged (1 review written)

In August I hired a car for 1 week, returned as normal, I was later charged 25 Euro for cleaning, we do not eat in the car or smoke, I filled in their system to open a case, chased 3 times for a response NO REPLY I October I hired a car for 10 day, 1 week after returning home was charged 250 EURO for damage. Again I opened a case stating there was no additional damage, they sent me photo showing no damage, have chased 2 times for this and will continue, they have started to cheat customers And… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Gold Car Complete rip off”

Written on: 08/12/2017

We use budget car hire firms extensively and often for long periods. Gold Car are the worst by a good margin. We have our own insurance so don't need the very expensive extra insurance they offer. In this situation most hire firms will require to 'block' around £1000 on your credit card in case you trash their car. This is fine and normal but Gold Car actually TAKE the money and a apply a very high charge on the euro conversion. Assuming all is well they will then return the deposit but… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“AVOID GOLDCAR LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! TOTAL RIP OFF MERCHANTS!!”

Written on: 07/12/2017 by CAT009 (1 review written)

DO NOT USE GOLDCAR ......IF YOU DO YOU WILL PAY!!! i have been using goldcar for over 15 years and have always taken out there insurance! this is how the story goes. I picked up my car from alicante multi storey as i always have done for all the years that i have been going there. on this occasion they were very short staffed, i checked over the car and there were several scratches that were not on the release form to me, i went inside where the queue was 10 deep in people, i managed to get… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Taking money from peoples cards!”

Written on: 06/12/2017 by awForsyth340 (1 review written)

Here we have a firm who take pre-authorisation for an amount which basically allows them to charge your card after you have left the country with different amounts. And when you charge below a certain amount eg. 200 euros no flag is brought up as it is a small payment and checks out with your previous location plus you have already keyed in your pin into the machine. I had 3 payments taken for 80 euros each time tried 3 times within the same 3 minutes. The 4th was declined by their machine. I… Read Full Review

Cat009's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2017

I picked up my car from alicante multi storey as i always have done for all the years that i have been going there. on this occasion they were very short staffed, i checked over the car and there were several scratches that were not on the release form to me, i went inside where the queue was 10 deep in people, i managed to get the attention of the person that i know there after hiring every three weeks, i expressed my concerns to be told its ok carry on , i thought well ok as i do know them well. Guess what happened next i receive some photos and a bill for £950 euros which they deducted from my card straight away, yes you got it its a sham, they rent out there cars for peanuts and then trick the client. I expressed my disappointment chased them and chased them until i received a message telling me to read there conditions!! Well thanks GOLDCAR you are total rip off merchants, i beg all of you who are going to use them to steer clear and use AUTOCLICK, they are very honest from the word go I am warning all you people use GOLDCAR at your peril.

Read 1 Comment

“Bad sales practices”

Written on: 01/12/2017 by antrim1 (1 review written)

I would stay clear of this company 1st they try and get cash from you rather than just the insurance deposit as they say you wont get the deposit released for 30 days. The small print mean you need at least £1100 available on your credit card as they wont take debit cards they then go an clone the card you use to pay. Service is poor and slow, cars are dirty and if you pay the cash value they give you the beat up vehicle so they can add penalties to anyone who just puts the deposit down This… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“CHARGED 124€ FOR INCORRECT MILEAGE”

Written on: 27/11/2017 by LeiaMcMillan (1 review written)

Rented car from Alicante airport 2/11 to 9/11.Used car to travel to house in Camposol and return only as I use my own car once home. Checked my credit card statement on 14/11 to find I had been charged for 124€ excess mileage. I was not informed by Goldcar of this excess charge until I queried the credit card statement. Despite the information I have provided them, still no notification from Goldcar,even pointed out that with 720 allowed Km plus alleged 1350Km excess(2070 Km )I only had to… Read Full Review

Hello Leia,
Please note that we can check the matter in order to clarify the matter. In order to assist you personally, please visit our website and open a query. To do so, please access the HELP section and then click on CONTACT US on the top right.

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 25/11/2017 by AnnabelReed (1 review written)

Aggressive, rude - what more can I say. I will end up costing you more than double what you think it is going to… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us to keep improving and providing our costumers the best service possible.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website.

Goldcar Representative.

“I just wanted to share my frustration and warn other...”

Written on: 20/11/2017 by Antofagasta (1 review written)

I just wanted to share my frustration and warn other customers from renting at Goldcar. I rented a car with Goldcar via Ryanair with full cover insurance and Full to Full gas policy. Despite that, they charged extra 126€ as "gas deposit". When I returned the car, Goldcar employee didn't want to perform the after rental check, they realized I was in a rush. They simply told me to leave the keys in the mailbox. The surprise came today, they sent me a 58,64€ invoice with the following… Read Full Review

Hello,

For our fuel rates you have to leave a deposit that is unlocked if the customers return the car with the tank as it is delivered (Full). In the case of the Full-Full rate, if the car is not returned with a full tank, the customer will be charged a penalty, the amount of fuel used and the remaining fuel is returned. In case of returning the car with the tank full, the deposit is returned in full.

Goldcar Representative.

“I hired a ford Focus at Malaga airport from Goldcar....”

Written on: 16/11/2017 by 159Griffin-Alt (1 review written)

I hired a ford Focus at Malaga airport from Goldcar. First and last time I will use them. Cheap is dear. On collecting vehicle more damage than specified and no one available(other than long queue at check in) to show, so we took pictures. I have my own UK cover for excess abroad which costs less than £40, so why pay their exhorbitant fees. I also paid for full tank of petrol and was told I would receive refund of unused petrol on return. When returning the vehicle I told their check in staff… Read Full Review

Hello,

First let me explain how important is to follow the procedures. At the time of picking up the car, our agents will always give customers a check out sheet with all the damages the car had previously. We always ask customers to have another look at the car and to mark the damages that we could have missed or that the car may have received while it was parked. This sheet has to be signed again by our agents.
By doing so both parties are aware of the damages the car had at the time of picking it up. When the car is returned, if our agents find something that wasn't marked on the check out, they consider it happened during the rental period. An investigation is opened and, if the customer service team can't find any evidences that the car already had this damage, they charge the customer.

Written on: 30/11/2017

What about the fuel. Six weeks have passed and GOLDCAR have not attempted to deal with this. I have paid for a full tank and was assured I would only pay for what was used. Why have I not received a refund.
If you had staff available at checkout where the vehicles are then I could have pointed the damage out. To walk all the way back to the terminal, wait in a queue when I have dated photographic evidence should not be necessary.
How many other customers have you charged for this same damage. It is a useful trick to ensure you maximise profits at the expense of tourists.
Try getting the cars repaired immediately instead of hiring them out with damage. Your company is a disgrace and everybody should be warned against hiring a car from Goldcar

Hello,
Please note that you can contact our customer support by visiting our website and then click our Help section to open a query. Our customer support will check the matter and give you proper assistance on this matter.

Written on: 07/12/2017

Emailed 4 yes four times and no reply received after 6 weeks.Why do you bother to suggest opening a report to customer service when you igore it. I consider I have been tricked out of the petrol money. Will put it down to experience and continue to warn people not to use GOLDCAR at any location as can be seen by other reports they just seek to take money from tourists.

Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Used to be great!”

Written on: 12/11/2017 by Zion150 (1 review written)

Used Goldcar many times without problems. Most recent experience was different - pressure to take their insurance (we have our own), then given a dirty car with many scratches and then charged 200 Euros for 'damage', one of the scratches on the car when we took it. Really it's their loss as we simply won't rent from them again… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/11/2017

I did all that, opened a case, sent 30 photographs in support of my claim, emailed three times and got no response, then you summarily closed the case online.

The photos show there is no doubt that the car had damage on most panels when I took it, I did not cause further damage, and your service representative would not give me a replacement car and actually walked away from me while I was asking her to inspect the car more thoroughly at point of collection.

It is simply not the case that I caused further damage to your car.

Written on: 28/11/2017

Thanks but you haven't included a link and you don't respond to my queries on your web site.

I'll do it again but don't expect you'll pay any more attention than before.

141057's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2017

We had the same issue about a year ago. We had used Goldcar many times and they were our 'preferred' car hire company. We then got charged 250 Euros for a scratch on the bumper which we had shown them when we collected the car and also taken photos of the damage. I took the photo as they refused to mark it on the contract due to it being quite small. Eventually got our money back. Have not used them since.

Written on: 27/11/2017

Thanks for your comment. It is amazing that Goldcar so blatantly take money from customers. I suppose they keep the so-called 'cost to repair' low in the hope that most customers will just give up. We won't.

Written on: 28/11/2017

And following her advice that I use the link at the bottom right of their website for more 'personalised assistance' , it's no surprise that there is nothing at the bottom right of goldcar that might conceivably be a means of contacting them.

They have all my details, so I don't understand why they don't contact me directly to resolve the issue.

Read 7 Comments

“Gold car rental cost me €900 from initial €43....”

Written on: 11/11/2017 by Raduceo (1 review written)

I've made mistake and booked car from Goldcar in Gran Canaria via Ryanair, before reading reviews. The original cost was €43.30, but actual cost was €900. This is what everyone should know before renting with Goldcar. I've booked and paid for a VW Polo like car in advance £36 via Ryanair car hire and was supposed to pay €2.32 at the desk, but they charged me additional €29. I was supposed to leave deposit of €1100, but they took €1213 for some reason. Actually, the money was… Read Full Review

Raduceo's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2017

I've already contacted customer service. Please read the last paragraph above.

I haven't even received my deposit and it has been 2 weeks after I returned my vehicle.

I've started legal action.

Raduceo's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2017

I've already contacted customer service. Please read the last paragraph above.

I've started legal action.

Hello,
Please note that the price shown on our website and the price offered by our brokers is the booking price, it doesn't include any extras, the fuel or the coverage. At the counter you only have reserved the car and in order to take you, you have to pay / deposit these amounts. All of these amounts are shown during the booking process and also it is on our T&C.

As for the question about the deposit, our clients have two options of coverage among which to choose a method of coverage ( it is mandatory to choose one coverage option). You can select our Super Relax coverage which covers the possible damages of the vehicle and has assistance in highway 24 hours, without franchise and without blocking any deposit of the card.

In the case of not wanting to take our coverage, the client has to leave a deposit that starts from € 1100, and when the car is returned, if it has any damages our agent proceed to deduct the amount of the deposit and unlock the rest. In case of returning the car in the same condition as we have delivered it, we proceed to release the total amount of the deposit. To know the exact amount of the deposit, please visit our terms and conditions.

Some of our clients sometimes hire our services through an agency and these agencies offer their insurance that is foreign to Goldcar. In this case, they must leave the deposit and not to choose our Super Relax coverage. In the unfortunate situation that the car is damaged during the rent, the amount of the deposit is deducted and it is the client who has to claim the reimbursement of that amount to his insurer or agency.

Regarding the vehicle damage, let me explain how important is to follow the procedures. At the time of picking up the car, our agents will always give customers a check out sheet with all the damages the car had previously. We always ask customers to have another look at the car and to mark the damages that we could have missed or that the car may have received while it was parked. This sheet has to be signed again by our agents.

Read 4 Comments

“‪Additional fuel charges. ‬ ‪Filled up fuel on...”

Written on: 10/11/2017

‪Additional fuel charges. ‬ ‪Filled up fuel on approach to drop off back at Tenerife airport. Goldcar rep checked the car and said all ok and signed the paper and gave to me. ‬ ‪Two days later they stole €8 for ‘low fuel’ and an additional €50 fine from my credit card. I complained and provided evidence. They responded ‘sorry if I’ve I have had any misunderstanding’‬ understand completely. ‬ ‪Beware and Avoid them. ‬ On pick up was given ‘hard-sell’ trying… Read Full Review

Dear Guest,

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, I can see that you had a charge for breaching our Full/Full penalty, which is stated on our T&Cs. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

“refund was short”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by travel128956 (1 review written)

I rented a Lanzarote and at pickup was charged 85 Euro for a fuel charge. Told to return the car with a full tank and they would refund the deposit. Only refunded 62 euro. Have been everywhere on their website and there are no emails to send a complaint to. Their online forms keep bugging with error messages about invalid emails, thus preventing you from any complaints. Good scheme. If no one can reach you then no-one can complain!… Read Full Review

Dear customer,
We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP.

Goldcar Representative.

“I made a poor choice and it won't happen again! I...”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by Trevond1989 (1 review written)

I made a poor choice and it won't happen again! I rented a car from Goldcar/Rhodium at the Malaga airport in Spain in September of 2017. Two weeks later, we returned it in excellent shape. Just to make sure, I took pictures of the car from all angles. I had not been impressed with the employees I had seen so far. About 2 weeks later, I received a 350 Euro charge on my credit card. When I emailed the company, they responded with 2 pictures, one of the bumper and the other of the side panel… Read Full Review

Nosamlien's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2017

The did the same to me but with ‘additional fuel’ charges.

Written on: 17/11/2017

And me. they obviously do not care. If you read their responses to complaints it is always the same . Not their fault. SIMPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO HIRE A CAR

Read 3 Comments

“My recommendation: DO NOT USE GOLDCAR!”

Written on: 08/11/2017 by PedroES (1 review written)

1. You get a car without mats for driver or passengers. 2. You (obviously) use the car during your rent period ;-) It means, apart from driving, also stepping in and out of the car from time to time, with your shoes on. 3. On delivering the car, the personell checks the car, verify it the tank is full, check the trunk and then say that everything is fine. 4. You get back home and receive an e-mail that you will be charged additional 30€ for "Check-In Special Cleaning" because you left some… Read Full Review

Cnc18's Response to PedroES's Review

Written on: 08/11/2017

Sadly, the review written by PedroES is correct. We hired a car 24-30 Oct Bilbao Spain had the car checked Ok outside and inside on return with No additional charges. Only to return home and receive an email stating an additional €150 has been deducted from my credit card to cover ‘check in special cleaning’ .
PLEASE BE WARNED DO USE THIS COMPANY

Read 2 Comments

“I hired a car in Bilbao. I refused their insurance as...”

Written on: 06/11/2017

I hired a car in Bilbao. I refused their insurance as I have my own. They gave me the keys and a piece of paper in a folder, but only later I realised that the paper was just a diagram of the car, showing no damage. They did not give me the written contract, which I had signed at the desk. The contract was for a full tank, to be returned with a full tank. I returned the car on time, and with a full tank. I filled it at the filling station just a few hundred metres from their desk (the nearest… Read Full Review

Dear Mr. Customer,

Goldcar Representative.

“At rental desk one is pressured to take high cost...”

Written on: 05/11/2017 by Chaney183 (1 review written)

At rental desk one is pressured to take high cost insurance. If you do not take it staff adopt an aggressive tone. We drove very little during our week of rental as my husband was seriously ill. Therefore the car was parked at the house for most of the week. On returning to Airport I had to get wheelchair for my husband, I organised him and then went to the office with car key. I was informed that there would be a 1 hour delay to check car. I could not wait 1hr as my husband was so so ill… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility. I understand that you weren't able to do that and I'm sorry about the situation you have been through during your rental. If you took any photos of the car when you collected it or during the rental this could help you a lot to clarify this matter.

Written on: 17/11/2017

Why do they bother to reply. All the answers are the same and Customer Service just fobs you off. Try calling it customer disservice

Read 2 Comments

“Worst car hire company - insurance issue”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by MattTu (1 review written)

The employee continually pushed the Goldcar insurance (£200 for the insurance, when the car hire was only £40!) despite me insisting that I had Excess Waiver insurance. He threatened that I will have to pay 1400 euros if anything happens to the car and that the website that I bought the DEW from (holiday autos/AXA) were lying, and that I would not be able to claim any money back. Luckily, I found the email and terms that confirmed I was covered, and said that I was happy for the 1400euro… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that our policy contemplates the requirement to leave a deposit in order to pick the car and start using our services. However, we always offer additional cover (Super Relax Cover), because it already includes an excess and it exempts you of this requirement. If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages, but our additional coverage is always offered as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

We understand that you booked a third party's coverage from home.

However, I'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter. However, as you did not ask expressly to block a deposit on your cc, we had no option but to charge you our additional coverage.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company - this is how the third party's coverage policy works. As you didn’t leave deposit you’ll have to contact with your broker in order to ask them for a refund of this coverage you ended not using, because we're not aware of the conditions of the third party's coverage refund.
Please note that our additional coverage is a non-refundable service, as you did accept it and consumed it already, we cannot do any refunds now.

I hope this information helped you clear your concerns.

“DO NOT USE GOLDCAR”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by debrabai (1 review written)

We arrived late in Santander airport where we picked up our car. An employee of Gold car gave us a receipt indicating the damages already on the car (there was damage to each side of the car). The staff at the desk - who did not accompany us outside - told us to check the car with the damages. Unfortunately , the parking was not lit. With the light of our phone we checked the car but did not pay attention to the rims of the car. When returning the car, the Goldcar employee mentioned an damage… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility. . Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Goldcar Representative.

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 28/10/2017 by KLGE (1 review written)

Hired a car from Valencia between 06.08.17 and 22.08.17. Due to a incident needed the car to be towed. No Towing eye found within the vehicle (even thought it is law in Spain). Valencia office staff could not tell us where this should be located. Returned to Valencia the next day with the view of swapping car for one that was "road legal" only to find, staff found a "scratch" on the car and located the towing eye (when we were not present). So frustrated, we took back the car for the remainder… Read Full Review

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you have to know that on those cases we have a damage procedures. Did you mark any possible damages there could be on the car at the moment of collection? Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Deals on Expedia