353 Car Rental www.353carrental.ie

353 Car Rental www.353carrental.ie
1.7

353 Car Rental www.353carrental.ie - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for 353 Car Rental www.353carrental.ie

“Well, where does one start? It was a simple enough...”

written by on 05/12/2009

Well, where does one start? It was a simple enough request- get a hire car with full CDW cover for myself and my wide as our car would be off the road for a while. A quick review of charges on the usual car-hire sites suggested that Argus (later translated to "353 Rentals") might offer value for money. I duly hired a small car for a week in Shannon Airport and paid extra for CDW insurance on another company's website (AIG)-no problem with the latter. The car I got was a nice little Opel Astra but had the rear part of a wing mirror missing- no problem as was noted on damage description of vehicle. The main problems were: No mention on the website of the €1,200 authorised from my credit card or the matter of the full tank of petrol to pay for-the main problem was my wife's name was not the authorised second driver ..rather a complete stranger's name (only noticed when I returned the vehicle)-no refund and no apology. Furthermore, I wished to drop the car off in Galway as the paperwork suggested they had a desk at the airport there. Phoned up previously to be told it was shut down earlier in 2009!I usually use Dollar or Avis- usually get an upgrade and correct form filling from staff. Would not use 353 again!

“353 car rental through traveljisaw.com: ”

written by on 27/09/2009

353 car rental through traveljisaw.com:
Terrible service provided at Dublin airport when trying to collect car.

Firstly, fax machine was not working at airport which meant voucher information could not be received by them and without voucher information, car cannot be collected.

Next, 1200 euro was needed to be blocked from credit card as a security deposit. As my credit card limit was only 700 euro, I had to pay an additional 50 euro in cash.

Next, 54 euro was required upfront for petrol for a one litre car and this would not be refunded if all petrol was not used.

People at desk were extremely unhelpful.

Whole experience was terrible.

“Only problem is 353 Car Hire are now "bankrupt" or "no...”

written by on 07/01/2011

Only problem is 353 Car Hire are now "bankrupt" or "no longer trading"!!!!!

We hired a car with 353 over the New Year Holidays to be returned on 5th Jan 2010.

We took the shuttle bus from outside the airport, to their yard with cars.

The condition of the car was OK and we were assured there would be a shuttle bus to take us back to the airport when we returned the car to the yard!!!

Returned car at around 8am on the 5th - there was no one in the office! There was however a notice on the door stating that we should return the car
to Europa Car spaces in the short term car park and return the keys to the desk in the airport terminal.

So parked car as instructed and went to return keys in airport. There was no one on the desk, so we told the situation to the people on the neighbouring desk. They said 353 were "no longer trading".

We gave the keys to the people on the neighbouring desk and wrote a note to explain everything. But there is still 1200 euros caution on my husbands credit card!!!!

There is nobody answering the telephone or emails!!!!

“I have never writen any reviews before but wanted to...”

written by on 16/11/2010

I have never writen any reviews before but wanted to do it this time after panicing when reading such awful reviews of 353 Car Rental in Dublin.
I must say the whole experience was fine and actually better than other more expensive car rental companies that we've used at Dublin Airport. We paid just over £50 for 4 days including the excess insurance through cartrawler. Then we were charged £57 for a full tank of petrol. I've seen lots of complaints about this but this is really the standard with most of the car rental companies now.
We had a new Nissan Micra with only 13,000km on the clock. Not necessarily my first choice in a car, but it was clean and all working well. Last time, we had a car from Europcar which had a full ashtray and was very dirty. The minibus came to pick us up quickly and the cars are kept near the long-term airport carpark so not far away at all.
We had no problems with the car and returned it easily and te minibus arrived quickly again to take us back to the terminal. We did realise that we hadn't paid the M50 toll for Friday morning and I was concerned that they were going to charge me a small fortune but only £9.50 came off my credit card. They've taken the authorisation off my card so that's it.
So, although I believe other people's reviews on here, I think it is quite biased and I definitely did not have any of those issues.

“To be honest I read other reviews after booking with...”

written by on 11/11/2010

To be honest I read other reviews after booking with 353 and wished I hadn't, but they were great.
Yes you get charged for a full tank of petrol, but it wasn't a rip off, if you use it and have read what they tell you.
Renting for a day or two it is a pain I agree, but we did over 1,000km so used the lot and more.
The lady at the desk was pleasant and said how great it was to deal with someone who had read the terms and conditions.
Bus arrived in minutes to collect the car and the driver loaded our bags.
The guy at the compound was really helpful as well.
Car was a 20,000 mile Micra, 5 door, as booked, no hard sell to up-grade at all from a budget car.
Yes you have to leave a deposit, but if I didn't know you I'd ask for one too. It didn't even appear on my card bill.
Car was clean and tidy and had a tiny dent in the bumper, which when I pointed it out, the guy looked amazed we even wanted it recording, but did so saying he wasn't bothered about small blemishes, I do believe that too.
The car ran seamlessly for a small engine despite me driving it quite hard and on just about the worst roads imaginable.
All the other cars in the compound looked pretty new too.
We returned the car as instructed with virtually no fuel and covered in mud, to be told that was fine and were bused back to the airport in 5 mins.
The only debit on my card was for the fuel and hire, which was far less that any other firms.
Moral of the story, read the conditions before you book not when you pick the car up or drop it off.
Check the car before you drive off and get them to agree in writing it's damaged before you drive it and no worse when you return it.
You will need to leave a deposit,it's the same with most hire companies.
Ok I am 43 with a clean driving license, so younger people maybe different.
Maybe other people have had bad experiences, but not us, will use them for the next trip, superb.

“This company ripped us off. Charged for full tank of...”

written by on 03/11/2010

This company ripped us off. Charged for full tank of fuel at inflated price which we didn't use. We asked for an agreement without inclusive fuel, were told they didn't do them, but they do! Multiple minor damages on car. Beware when hiring from them and analyse the small print.

“Appears cheap but can be very costly as it cost me...”

written by Jean Praslin on 26/09/2010

Appears cheap but can be very costly as it cost me over Euros 500 to recover my deposit because I had to employ a lawyer. Use this Company at your peril.

“ADVISE: ASK FOR A RECEIPT SAYING NO DAMAGE cause they...”

written by on 16/09/2010

ADVISE: ASK FOR A RECEIPT SAYING NO DAMAGE cause they find some when you're not there.
It says prepaying the fuel is optional on your receipt but the girl at the counter says you have to no matter what. They Authorized 1200euro on my credit card without telling me...it did say it on the receipt I received but who has time to read that when you are at the counter with 5 people waiting behind you. The front tires were nearly bald I was lucky it didn't rain much (for a change)while there. When I returned the car I was told everything looked alright (no return receipt given) and could get on the shuttle bus to the airport, when the bus arrived at the airport(10-15min later) the driver got a call and gave me the phone, it was the guy at the return building...says the front windshield was broken (it wasn't when I returned it)and they are charging me 600+ euro ($800+) to replace it. The replacement cost is about 150Euro including a days rental...this is the way get extra income by ripping off their costumers that have a plane to catch and are going back to America. Stay away from these shysters.

“*********DO NOT USE 353 CAR HIRE - THEY ARE...”

written by on 06/09/2010

*********DO NOT USE 353 CAR HIRE - THEY ARE CROOKS!!!************

You think that you are getting a good deal until you arrive to collect the car and you are charged for a full tank of petrol whether you use it or not. The petrol is supposedly at a discounted rate - I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! They then forget to mention that you can bring the car back with an empty tank of petrol, so we filled up the tank then relaised that we had paid twice. They then charge you a further 30 Euros if you want to reduce the excess from 2000 Euros and then they charge VAT on top. So what appears to be a cheap deal ends up being £175 for 3 days hire

“The car was the WORST CAR I HAVE EVER HIRED. COMPLAINT...”

written by vmcnicholas on 02/09/2010

The car was the WORST CAR I HAVE EVER HIRED. COMPLAINT 1.CAR FUEL POLICY - The policy is unclear to customers, as per my experience and, given a simple web search, many others too. I arrived at knock to be charged 67 Euro and told to bring it back empty. I have NEVER experienced such a policy with any other car hire company and WOULD NEVER HAD BOOKED WITH 353 IF I WAS AWARE. Even booking on the internet customers should not be duped into such hidden extras.When I asked at the airport for the details of the cost of fuel, I could only be given a figure before tax, therfore I did not even know how much I was being charged relative to the price of petrol in Ireland and the capacity size of the fuel tank.COMPLANT 2. THE CONDITION OF THE CAR. I made a detailed complaint at the car pick up point. The car had BROKEN GLASS (fog lamp) and hundreds of scratches and bumps. I sheet recorded 20 but the car was entirely covered in scratches and I was concerned I would be charged on my return. Given I was feeling RIPPED OFF from the fuel experience I simply did not (still do not) trust the people at 353.

The car was the WORST CAR I HAVE EVER HIRED. Given my friends on the same trip got better and cheaper cars elsewhere there was no value and no reason whatso ever that could justify sending me out with this dreadful car.

“On collection of the car I find I must pay for a tank...”

written by on 19/08/2010

On collection of the car I find I must pay for a tank of fuel which will not be refunded. Some 50+ euros. No way to use this on a short visit. Futher to this, the car wipers were missing a huge chunk ( so they would not clear the windscreen ) and the only thing the girl at the desk has to say is "that does not qualify for a free upgrade". Days later and it seems there is still a huge charge on my card for any accident damage. I would have expected this to be back next day. Will bever use this company again. Recommend you do not either.

“This is probably the worst company I have ever rented...”

written by akirakwai on 03/08/2010

This is probably the worst company I have ever rented a car from. Got into a jam with the car 2 days into the trip. It is the 4th day and they still have not moved a finger to help me. On top of everything, it sounds like they are not only gonna charge me for fixing the vehicle but, they do not even want to refund any of the money I have paid for the 7 day trip. THIS IS THE WORST CAR RENTAL COMPANY!!! DO NOT USE!!!

“DO NOT USE 353 CAR HIRE!!!. I used them last week, for...”

written by on 01/08/2010

DO NOT USE 353 CAR HIRE!!!. I used them last week, for 2 days. I pre paid the hire and insurance and they still authorised £1200 from my credit card (which has not yet been released!). They also charged me for a full tank of petrol before I even had the keys, I was told to come back with the tank as empty as possible! I was assured that '45 was a bargain for a full tank!? however, I only used 1/2 a tank and was told it was non refundable - that is why I was told to bring it back empty as possible! Other than leaving a brick on the accelerator, this would have been an impossible thing to do for such a short visit! pissed off customer.

“Totally dishonest company, lied to when collected car,...”

written by on 31/07/2010

Totally dishonest company, lied to when collected car, was told fuel policy was flexible by girl on desk, but later told she had no authority to make this statement. Car hired was not available, so got a "free" ??? upgrade but had to pay more for fuel deposit (NOT REFUNDABLE ). Car had small chip in windscreen, did not notice when i collected car as it was dark and wet, but on return the "vehicle inspector" ? spotted this from a distance, i am sure he knew the screen was damaged and i was a fall guy. It was made clear i would not be allowed to leave until i signed for the damage (when they knew i had insurance to cover the excess, they said i need not worry). Was charged '475 for screen though damage could easily have been repaired by the likes of Autoglass. Customer services of this company are appalling, think twice before you hire from them as it cost me more than reputable company in the end.
SCAM ARTISTS _ AVOID

“On holiday for 5 days & in that time we had 3 cars -...”

written by JamesTS on 24/06/2010

On holiday for 5 days & in that time we had 3 cars - the 1st was an automatic that we cleary stated when hiring that we DID NOT want, the 2nd we drove to Kerry with only to discover that the tax was out of date and that the car had no inusrance. When I phoned they tried to tell me it would be fine to drive as 353 would pay any fine but I would have to take the penalty points, spoke to the local Garda & they said they would impound the vehicle. We finally got another car that needed a good wash. Have tried e-mailing them but getting no were fast - BUT I WILL NOT BE GIVING UP AS I WANT A REFUND AS A DAY OF MY HOLIDAY WAS RUINED, and car hire firms should not be giving out ILLEGAL CARS. I will be contacting the local politician

“I booked through EasyCar, and I selected them because...”

written by on 22/06/2010

I booked through EasyCar, and I selected them because they were the ONLY company who offered a full/full policy on fuel in their T&C's. When I got to the car hire desk at Dublin airport (EasyCar use 353 as their local contractor), the girl on the desk said I would have to pay for a full tank of fuel (65 euro), and bring it back empty...

She pointed to the EasyCar conditions on the contract which said that. Hold on a minute luv, I said, the contract also refers to the full EasyCar t&c's http://www.easycar.com/nossl/OurTandC.aspx?LID=IEALDUB16A, and the link provided in the e-mail clearly says there are 2 fuel options, pay for a full tank and bring back empty, or leave a deposit for a full tank, and bring it back full with a receipt from a garage less than 5kms from the airport!

She didn't believe me, "The website doesn't have 2 options" and insisted I had to pay for the full tank, so I pulled out my mobile and got on the web to my e-mail account, and pulled up the confirmation mail, and went to the link.

Bingo. Two options were there...

Reluctantly she gave in and said in this case we could have the second option, even though she was not allowed to give them to me(!), but she made sure we got the worst car in their fleet, over 100k on the clock, every panel damaged and it stank of urine...

Coming back I filled up at the airport garage and I'd used less than 20 euros of fuel, so I saved over 45 euros.

Use 353 if you must, but make sure you book via EasyCar to avoid being ripped off.

“Booking was confirmed, arrived at airport and car desk...”

written by on 14/06/2010

Booking was confirmed, arrived at airport and car desk closed. Repeatedly called the number on the outside of the booth but nobody answered. Called the H/O in Poland??? to be told that the only numbers they had was the unanswered number in Knock and a number in Cork. Poland was eager to help but could get no response from Ireland numbers except Cork where the lady did not want to know. Many calls later including one from the Knock airport sucurity people a man arrived 3 hours later, could not give me a copy of the contract as he did not know how to use the copier (or it was out of order). However got the car for a week and asked to extend for a further 11 days to be given a totally crazy quotation from an 'couldnt care less person at the other end'. 353 need to cop themselves on - do they realise there is a recession out there and with their attitute it is a wonder they are in business at all. Retrain your people and get into the real world.

“We booked the car through the carhire.ie website for a...”

written by on 13/06/2010

We booked the car through the carhire.ie website for a supposed total of 107 euros for two days but when we went to the airport to get the car they actually charged us for 194 euros adding a a lot of fees which weren't included in the original price. Although we had purchased an extra insurance they blocked 1200 on the credit card and they made us pay the full fuel of the car. Never ever use this company. Never.

“a rip off no credit for petrol left in tank i had half...”

written by on 10/06/2010

a rip off no credit for petrol left in tank i had half a tank
left i wonder if this is legal
they also wanted 1200 euros for damage insurance
bloody rip off

“UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES HIRE A CAR FROM THESE RIP OFF...”

written by on 02/06/2010

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES HIRE A CAR FROM THESE RIP OFF MERCHANTS. WE WERE CHARGED 110 GBP {56 FOR A LATE CHARGE WHICH WAS TEN MINUTES AND 54 FOR FUEL } WHICH WE HAD NO CHANCE OF USING. THE LADY ON THE DESK WAS AS IGNORANT AS HELL AND DIDNT WANT TO KNOW.WE DIDNT EVEN USE HALF A TANK AND THERE IS NO REFUND. SO OUR 83 EURO CAR HIRE FOR 2 DAYS ENDED UP 193 EURO. MY ADVICE IS PAY THE EXTRA 10 OR 15 EURO AND GO WITH HERTZ. IVE CONTACTED 353 SINCE AND ITS A CASE OF WE HAVE YOUR MONEY SO HA HA. DO NOT GO WITH THEM,AVOID AT ALL COSTS.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.BLOODY RIP OFF.