Air Auto Portugal Reviews - airauto.pt

Air Auto Portugal airauto.pt - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Air Auto Portugal airauto.pt

Air Auto Portugal airauto.pt

“Air auto - Faro not recommended”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by MariamCarlson278 (1 review written)

We hired a car at Air Auto via our travel agency. Once we arrived in the early morning you have to pay an additional fee of €40 because they say it is an "extra day " you hire. Obviously once returned the car they found "damage" on the tire, I made photo's before but made a misstake not to detail it is as much as possible. Normally a new tire (if needed anyhow) you pay maximum €100. At Air Auto you pay €250, do the math yourself. Extra Warning: Do not let them "upgrade" your car. You… Read Full Review

“Great value and service ”

Written on: 20/07/2021 by Andyheffernan (1 review written)

Have used Airauto 6 times previously, dropped off a car today and once again a very positive experience. Friendly and professional staff, good car, and excellent value for money. Extension to the rental period was easy and both pick up and drop off seamless. Will be back next year. … Read Full Review

“Overcharged for motorway tolls”

Written on: 24/10/2019 by mafaldareis (1 review written)

Everything was great until I got my credit card report and saw they charged me €21.60 for the motorway, which I used twice, and it was around €3. I contacted them and they said it was admin costs and that is written on the contract, those very small letters! No one mentioned me a €1.85/day fee otherwise I would have said no. And the admin cost for the device is BS as I had that same device when living in Portugal and it has a cost of €26.50 one time only, and if you pay the tolls by… Read Full Review

Airautocarrental's Response to mafaldareis's Review

Dear Mafalda,
We appreciate your comment. It is very important to us as it helps us to improve our service.
The administrative fee regarding the toll passages is imposed by the Portuguese Law, as stated in the Republic Diary, Ordinance 190/2013. As soon as you use the highway, we are allowed to charge an administrative fee of 1.50€ + VAT (1.85€) per rental day till a maximum amount of 15.00€ + VAT (18.50€) per month or per rental agreement.
This information is always given to you on the pick-up day. Airauto provides a document with this information in several languages (Portuguese, French, English, German, etc.) and asks for your signature of it to prove you acknowledged.
We wish you all the best.

Airautocarrental's Response to mafaldareis's Review

Dear Mafalda,
We wish you all the best.

Read 2 Comments

“Just returned from Faro and hired a car with Air Auto....”

Written on: 17/06/2019 by Carter1990 (1 review written)

Just returned from Faro and hired a car with Air Auto. On returning the car they charged me 1476.00 Euros for damage they say I caused during rental. Tried to explain that the damage was noted on the report when collecting the car but they said that although there was damage that this damage was more extensive. I know for a fact that the damage was no different from when I collected the car. Asked to speak with the supervisor he arrived looked at the car from about 3 meters away and said very… Read Full Review

Airautocarrental's Comment

Dear
We appreciate your review about our company, it always helps us to improve our service.
Once the rental contract is completed, we always check the car with our customers, in their presence (even when you have full insurance) and, by signing the damage report, you agree with the damages, the kms and the fuel the car presents at that moment. As it says on your damage report, it is very important to check, and agree with all before leaving our car park.
We understand that paying for a damage it is not the best way to finish your vacation, that’s why Airauto always advices to purchase the full insurance package in order to avoid these inconveniences. Because incidents can occur easily.

Thank you once again for your review.
Best regards,
Airauto.

Read 1 Comment

“Cheap but Beware of the costs for the slightest of damage”

Written on: 27/05/2019 by co1insmithrugby (1 review written)

The cost of the hire was very cheap but this was made up for the very HIGH cost for even the slightest damage. I returned the car with the smallest of dents above the wheel arch which was hardly noticeable, might have even been there when the quickly rushed us around the car when we picked it up,the charge for this was 369 EURO. A very high price, as we know that this very small indentation will never be fixed. My recommendation is that if you ever rent from this company is to take out the… Read Full Review

Airautocarrental's Response to co1insmithrugby's Review

Hello,

Hope your next experience will be a better one.

Read 1 Comment

“July 2017 booked car via Car Del Mar and Air Auto were...”

Written on: 14/10/2017 by JITS (4 reviews written)

July 2017 booked car via Car Del Mar and Air Auto were local car supplier at Faro airport. Collected car , new and no damages or marks noted Car was parked in the villa most of the time and used very short trips . No incident or accident or damage noted by me. On returning the car while I was distracted by my grandson for a moment while the staff was checking over the car for damages, I saw the staff of Air Auto kneeling down on front if the car on his knees. So I walked over and caught him… Read Full Review

Nanjit's Response to JITS's Review

Written on: 16/10/2017

Air Auto car hire at Faro airport is a dishonest car hire firm . They trick clients by charging for preexisting scuff marks or inflict the scuffmafk them selves when returning the car and when you are not watching the chap checking over the car . DO NOT. Trust Air Auto car hire based at Faro airport Portgal

“DO NOT TOUCH”

Written on: 12/10/2017 by Daly132 (1 review written)

Transfer wait well over an hour. left the parcel shelf at the booking in shed, emailed them the car details the following day with my details they denied having the shelf and charged me 307 euros online price 82 euros. would not touch this comapany again. Car was in very poor condition for its age with every panel having either scratches or dents… Read Full Review

“Avoid avoid avoid”

Written on: 19/09/2017 by Nevilleiu181 (1 review written)

Had the misfortune to rent from Air Auto at the end of August / beginning Sept. Do not get fooled by the quick look around the vehicle in a very relaxed way when you collect. Come with "We don't worry about this" and "we dont worry about that" .... all very relaxed. On return it's a very different story, they deny that they would accept any mark or damage (standard patter is if it's not on the form you are liable) and they do not hesitate to charge you exorbitantly for the smallest thing… Read Full Review

Jits's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2017

Air Auto at Faro Airport are known to
Loot tourist by fictitious damage scratches on cars. They don’t list it at collection of deliberately scratch and scuff paint work when you are not watching them checking the car .
DO NOT TRUST AIR AUTO car hire
Based at Faro airport

Read 1 Comment

“DO NOT USE Air Auto in Portugal or anywhere else”

Written on: 17/04/2017 by Glyn2120 (1 review written)

When the collect the car which will be covered in dents and scratches, you will be told that they have taken €20 to cover for any tolls. After you return home they will take a further €18 claiming that you exceeded the €15 even though you did not exceed the original €20. I took four photos of the vehicle, one from each corner, before touching it. On my return I took four more corner photos to prove that there was no further damage. After returning home they also charged €50 for a… Read Full Review

“Positive experience with AirAuto”

Written on: 30/09/2016 by thomas1966 (1 review written)

Having read some of the reviews about Airauto we were a bid sceptical. We were picked from the arrivals terminal by mini bus and taken to the nearby Airauto office (about 5 minutes). We took pictures of the station wagon to avoid misunderstandings afterwards. After returning there were no issues and we were all taken to the departures entrance at the airport. If you'd like to use the Algarve highway (A22) make sure that you read all the available info about the tolls. AirAuto provides the… Read Full Review

“Airauto Faro Airport ”

Written on: 26/06/2016 by Lilag440 (1 review written)

Having read all the reviews about Airauto I was somewhat sceptical about uusing this firm after booking them through Arguscarhire.com. I can honestly say this the best hire car experience on holiday I have had. We were picked from the arrivals terminal by mini bus (8 of us) and taken the Airauto office just off of the airport . We had booked 2 cars and taken out out our own extra insurance. We were not pressured at all to purchase there extra insurance. They provided us with 2 identical brand… Read Full Review

“DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME - Read the reviews...”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by 2000fursek (2 reviews written)

Air Auto are not legitimate. There is a chance you may not even know you will end up having the misfortune of having to rent a car from this company (probably so you cant read the horrifc reviews on them beforehand) as if you book through affordablecarhire they work with Air Auto as im sure other third parties do, so you may end up getting stuck with them unknowingly like us. Firstly, please note they will charge you for anything extra they possibly can, such as an out of hours charge. If you… Read Full Review

Jasperkipper's Response to 2000fursek's Review

Written on: 03/05/2016

We have just been charged 600 euros for a damaged lock! Make sure you check all door locks using the key because I believe this car lock won't be repaired and someone else will be charged for it! This has ruined a great holiday. We booked through Atlas Choice and I will be writing to request they de-list Air Autos. By the way' there were no scratches or any external damage on the lock at all. The only way of knowing is to try and open the door using the key which no one thinks to do nowadays as most cars open with the key fob 'clicker'.

Piedaterre's reply to Jasperkipper's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2016

We arrived back from Faro yesterday with the same story to tell. We were charged 650 euros for a damaged lock on a grey Citroen Elysee. I also believe that this car won't be repaired and would not be surprised if it was the same car as the previous client had paid for. It has completely spoiled our holiday. Our car was parked in the hotel car park so not sure where any damage could have been done. It looked fine with no scratches or dents and the only way of knowing that it didn't work was to put the key in. Not something we do when we always use a key fob.

Read 2 Comments

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 09/04/2016 by furses (1 review written)

Avoid this company. They fabricate damage to foreign visitors. Read all the reviews online. They have just charged my daughter £150 for some "damage" they fabricated. They refused to share the paperwork and were stating that they should "hurry up and pay or they would miss the flight" If you are hiring a car in Portugal, I would chose any company or walk before choosing these. We spoke with two agents, both were rude and unprofessional AVOID AIR AUTO - I would walk 1st next time… Read Full Review

“Cannot fault them!”

Written on: 05/11/2015 by Nolan491 (1 review written)

Was a little unsure if using air auto reading the reviews.....then I thought as on trip advisor most negative reviews are from petty stupid people who just have a gripe over something they usually caused themselves....so I'd give it a go! The price was unbelievably cheap through atlaschoice....£47 for a Ford Focus for 7days. On arrival the bus was waiting to take me to the outside of the airport...literally, you can see the place from car park 4! At the rental place they had no record from… Read Full Review

“Do not use this company !!”

Written on: 02/11/2015 by Paula243 (1 review written)

Just returned from Faro. Hired a car from Air auto recommended by Jet 2 .com. Pick up was reasonable but the girl who showed me around the car appeared very thorough pointing out all the scratches (of which there were many ) in great detail. What she didn't do was to show me a small area underneath the front bumper where the paint had been scratched off. Very clever distraction !! I allowed her to draw the scratches on the form but didn't really check that she had done this in any detail. I… Read Full Review

“Avoid this car rental company”

Written on: 28/09/2015 by CamrenCooney311 (1 review written)

We used Air Auto for first time this September. When picking up car we had to pay a deposit and additional driver charge as the credit card used was not main driver's. This was not too much of a problem, and seemed straight forward enough, but when we came to drop off the car a man approached the car straight away to tell us that we owed them money and we had not paid the correct amount when picking up the car. He was incredibly rude and aggressive in his manner. We shocked and try to dispute… Read Full Review

“professional but some flaws”

Written on: 23/09/2015 by ellewasal (3 reviews written)

AirAuto exactly fulfilled the terms of the hire. The car was as expected, the representative was diligent in checking flaws and marking the form. However, I was less than satisfied with the meet and greet. The small print said to meet at P4 where there is a booth, attended by receptionists who contact the various off airport car hire agents. I should have checked the small print which would have told me to expect to be taken off the airport to the car. AirAuto is very nearby the airport but I… Read Full Review

“No need to have worried...”

Written on: 12/09/2015 by MirandaWilkinson1953 (1 review written)

I have booked several times now through Enjoy car hire and with them the hire company name isn't revealed until booking confirmation .This time it was Airauto ,once I knew the company I checked out the reviews and was very concerned after reading all of the horror stories of damaged cars and rip off tactics! We found them to be friendly and professional from pick up at the car park by the courtesy bus to drop off back .The cars all looked to me to be in very good condition ,I was expecting… Read Full Review

“Rip off merchants”

Written on: 04/09/2015

Hired a car 20-29/8/2015. 1st car broke down and we had to get a tow truck back to the airport. Wasnt really told what was happening! When got there -50 min drive great they were waiting for us with another car. My own fault as just so pleased to get going again didn't look over the car nor did the man from air auto with me. Upon its return staright away they went to a scratch under the bumper that could have only been done by hitting the curb. I never did. The conversation then turned v nasty… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 04/09/2015 by Leebokb (1 review written)

They are off airport and have a poor transfer service. They took 2000k deposit, when I returned the car they did a search and told me that someone had tried to break into the car and the key lock was damaged. damage was barely visible but the key didn't go into the lock - based on the fact the car was battery operated central locking I didn't use the door key once. They took €430 from me. I guess that this damage was already there and this isn't the first time they have made €430 from this… Read Full Review