Algarve Car Hire Reviews

Algarve Car Hire - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Algarve Car Hire

“Do not use”

written by paulyanthony on 06/09/2016

Do not hire from myalgarve cars. They rented me a car in the middle of the night away from the lights of the office on purpose as there was an existing scratch in it. then charged 150 for scratch when i returned.

“spot on”

written by Watkins351 on 09/08/2014

Excellent, service and value for money. No it was not a brand new car, bur were given time to look over car and mark on drawing any scratches and dints. On return the car was not even looked at, just checked the petrol gauge.

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

written by cushdie on 28/04/2013

after two days and going 80 miles this company siad i had burned the clutch of the car out and took nearly £300off my car without telling me. As an experianced driver of over 30 years I know this is a rubbish, how many other people have paid out for the same clutch? AVOID

“Do Not use ”

written by AlanJohn on 05/01/2013

I booked with Myalgarvecars and after 1Hour the Radiator grille fell off. Myalgarvecars took over £200 off my card. I am now in a fight with my card company to recover this under section 75. The condition of the car was dangerous. A lot of the carhire firms at Faro airport are have a bad reputation, but do not use this company.

“Avoid them!!!”

written by on 03/10/2012

Do not rent a car from this company. They are totally unreliabe, the cars are in a bad conditions and they play funny games with the customers. On top of that you can find yourself being charged after you return even having a full insurance. They will find a reason for it. Rent with someone reputable like AutoJardim instead and stay away from these cowboys at all cost!! Renting a car with them was definately the worst experience in the Algarve.

Mexx2's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2012

The full name of the company is Algarvecarbooking.com STAY AWAY!

Mexx2's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2012

They are also known as algarvecarbooking.com and Discovery cars..STAY AWAY!

“Refused to hire the car and left us...”

written by ALGONANIA on 24/09/2012

at ten PM, a family with no means of transport in the middle of Faro airport. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE

“Worse than worse can be - AVOID”

written by on 11/09/2012

Having tried to sting us for an unmentioned late pick-up fee and me having eventually agreed to pay it they then refused to rent the car to us leaving me, wife and family at Faro airport late in the evening with no car and no means of getting anywhere. A truly awful and dangerous experience- AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Zwanhofkamp's Comment

Written on: 03/03/2013

You wrote "they where leaving you, wife and family at Faro airport "late in the evening"??? After you refused to pay the "late pick up fee"...Why did you refuse it? YOU truly left your family in an awful and dangerous experience....as this company "for sure" mentioned the late pick up fee in the booking confirmation you did receive from them, after booking....I use this company for several years. Never had any problems with them, neather to pay the "late fee" as they are very cheap and deliver good cars. ALL the companies ask for the "late fee"...

“wouldnt use them again if forced”

written by marcuscarden on 26/06/2011

my algarve cars came 45 mins early at our hotel when we said to come at 7pm, but they came early even we were late getting at the hotel due to a delay, they showed us the car, the seat big car wasnt fit to drive, the lass wouldnt let us hear the engine, she made me fill the forms with the passport and even asked for an extra money on our credit cards, which myself and my dad didnt bring and this wasnt mentioned in the email, she phoned her boss, which my dad spoke to and refused the car, she took the car and we kept our money, the hotel staff were great, but we were happy to use the public transport and taxis, plus we still enjoyed our holiday

“Myalgarvecars.com, NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE. Tried to...”

written by trustcard on 17/04/2011

Myalgarvecars.com, NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE. Tried to rip us off at airport with extra charges, although my paperwork from UK clearly stated was included. Ended up having to get taxi. As I said, never use this company, I canot advise more strongly.

Guest's Response to trustcard's Review

Written on: 01/08/2011

Car hire companies like Myalgarvecars.com need monitoring by the tourist board to protect people from getting ripped off.
They are a law unto their own, licensed to con.

“Travelled from Faro Airport to Sesmarias and took...”

written by on 25/08/2010

Travelled from Faro Airport to Sesmarias and took wrong turning, then had puncture in barely legal tyre. No spare. Sealant doesnt work with ripped tyre. No breakdown assist ever arived in 3.5 hours. No taxi arrived ever in 3.5 hours to take us to destination. Heat of day with one bottle of water between 4. Rental company wanted garage owner we eventually got help from to fit NEW tyre at high cost. He wouldnt and was just as angry as we were at their tactics - nice to know some locals dont just see us as a means to rip off visitors. Don't believe assistance was ever ordered. Allegedly couldnt find us despite our supplying SatNav co-ordinates!
Would NEVER EVER use these guys again!!! Cheap means CHEAP and SHODDY!!!

“We were given an old and battered Ford Fiesta with no...”

written by on 21/08/2010

We were given an old and battered Ford Fiesta with no choice of alternative vehicles. After 3 days a tyre collapsed, and we had to pay 90 Euros for a new tyre. The rep was not helpful or pleasant to deal with. Not a pleasant experience and I would definitely not recommend AlgarveCar hire.net.

“after waiting for one and a half hours in a sweltering...”

written by on 10/08/2010

after waiting for one and a half hours in a sweltering car park with small children we were advised by the rep that there was no car for us even though we had prebooked.
i appreciate things can go wrong but the sign of a good company is how they deal with it when they do and this company do not do customer service at all, rude and unhelpful was the only way i would describe them.
we ended up paying a little extra and going elsewhere but not really what we wanted at the start of our holidays.

“No problems whatsoever. Hired a Fiat Punto (although...”

written by on 06/08/2010

No problems whatsoever. Hired a Fiat Punto (although it should have been a VW Polo!) for 13 days in July/August. Car was spot on, there were no stunts pulled by the staff trying to sting you for extra cash either.
Word of warning though, the staff are very inefficient when processing the cars in and out. On both instances there was only one cusomer in front of me and it still took up to an hour to complete the formalities. During peak times this could easily become a major problem so please leave plenty of time before your outbound flight to return the car.

“we hired through algarve car hire, this company turned...”

written by mkdodd1 on 04/08/2010

we hired through algarve car hire, this company turned out to be a booking agent for several other car hire companies on the algarve, so that means you can get any company of their choice and not yours!!!
we unfortunatley were given a car through a company called "best deal car hire" and although the car was dropped off at faro airport in perfect condition, 2 days after we got home they had taken over £250 from my credit card for "damage" to the vehicle.
it has been a long fight but the card company has given me my money back pending a response from best deal.
lesson learned....

beware of "algarve car hire" be sure of who is supplying the car..

DO NOT TOUCH "BEST DEAL CAR HIRE" WITH A BARGE POLL!

“We booked a car with Algarve Car Hire before our trip...”

written by on 22/07/2010

We booked a car with Algarve Car Hire before our trip online and received very little correspondence, but someone was waiting for us on time at the airport when we arrived. After about 10 minutes of paperwork, we paid cash (though some extra "insurance" was tacked on upon arrival), and were shown exactly where to pick up the car (we received an upgrade on the night). Dropping off the car was a bit more of an ordeal as we had an early morning flight and no one was there to collect the car key from us at the appointed time. We waited 30 minutes and did not want to miss the flight so we left the key on the wheel and hoped for the best. We rang all the numbers we had on the paperwork, including the two emergency numbers, and no one answered any of them. Despite that little hiccup though, we would use them again. A lot of car hire places make you feel like they are looking for reasons to make more money off you, this place was easy and no-frills, though maybe slightly less predictable because of it. We had a great little car for the week.

“We have used my algarve cars twice already and I'm...”

written by on 16/05/2010

We have used my algarve cars twice already and I'm just about to book with them again.For straight forward Airport pick up, they are excellent value for money.We had to wait about 30 mins last time whilst the rep finished dealing with another couple, and then it was just 10 mins form filling and we were off.We just dropped it back at the end, and as it was late left it with the key hidden as instructed. The car last time was a mini-bus and the other times a small car.We had no problems with the vehicles and the service was friendly and courteous.

“We rented a car from My Algarve Cars for October in...”

written by on 25/10/2009

We rented a car from My Algarve Cars for October in Lisbon Portugal. From the start it was very hard to get details about the rental. All the information you get from a reputable company in the confirmation such as car type, pick up and deliver points, insurance, conditions... were absent. All we had were the dates and cost. We spent a month trying to clarify and confirm our reservation as the confirmation email was very sparse not even specifying the car type or pick-up and drop-off locations. They only returned about 1 in 4 emails and even then only poorly answered the first question. By phone they would only confirm that the car would be dropped at the hotel and urged us to use email. They apparently do not have an office in Lisbon where you can drop the car so you must meet them. Based on other reviews we thought, ok, it's a good price, we'll figure the rest out when we pick up the car. No problem.

On the morning our car was to arrive they did not come. After 30 minutes we called and they said the person had left and would be there shortly. After another 30 minutes they said the person was again on their way and would be there shortly. After another 20 minutes they admitted the person was not on their way but someone else had just left. For 2 1/2 hours they continued to lie about having the car on the way, even saying at one point that the car was in front of the hotel. Which of course it wasn't.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and patient helping with the calls so that there weren't misunderstandings due to My Algarves poor english. Eventually they arranged another car, which came in 20 minutes. The My Algarve car eventually showed up 2 hours and 40 minutes late. After the amount of lying we did not feel the least bit bad when we told him we would not be accepting the car.

Their incompetence and lies had wasted a half day of our trip which meant there were several things we did not get to see that day with no way to probably ever see them. They also cost us a few hundred euros as it was more expensive to rent a car locally.

If you have all the time in the world and are not limited on time, give them a shot. Otherwise why risk your vacation with a company this bad?

“I had heard of people having problems hiring and...”

written by on 27/08/2009

I had heard of people having problems hiring and getting the Hire Cars they wanted from algarve car hire and stories of extra charges and enforced upgrades.

Well.... no such problems with Algarvehire.. 10 minutes after leaving the Terminal at Faro ... We were driving away, all paperwork and payments sorted.

When I returned the car.... I was met by 2 people who quickly checked the car and I was off to get my flight home.

“Having had a bad experience with Avis at Faro airport...”

written by carshth on 04/06/2008

Having had a bad experience with Avis at Faro airport as couple of years ago, and on the basis of reviews we went with
Algarve carhire this time. What a difference! - on paying cash on arrival we got an upgrade, the car was in good condition and the staff very helpful. The directions to liaise with the staff in the arrivals hall was easy to follow, as was the directions to carpark to collect car.

“Thank you for making the rental process so easy and...”

written by depater on 07/03/2007

Thank you for making the rental process so easy and offering very competitive prices. I appreciated very much that you included clear directions on how to find the supplier counter at the airport! Congratulations on offering an excellent service at a very competitive price!