BEWARE

Whizzy2004's review of Vehicle Rent - www.vehicle-rent.com

“BEWARE”

Written on: 07/12/2019 by Whizzy2004 (1 review written)

In June I rented a car for a week in Croatia with full excess cover through Vehicle-rent.com aka Car Target Group d.o.o Travel agency in Ljubljana.

Unfortunately, I had a small accident and they kept my deposit of Eur 750 and told me that I should be able to claim it back in UK. I submitted all the paperwork and I have received the claim approval email in July.

I have waited 120 days and after not having any further communication from the claims team I have emailed them asking about progress but again with no reply whatsoever. I contacted customer support of Vehicle-rent who promised to take it up with the accounts team but again with no success. During last month I sent several emails and called customer service number who advised me that my payment is with accounts department and will be dealt shortly but again I had no answer whatsoever.

I became suspicious and started to check on various internet forums for reviews of the company and realised that there are lots of people who have the same issues with the company- everything is fine until you have a claim - and although you have paid to indemnify the excess the company is not refunding money to anybody.

I discovered that the company does not have any presence in U.K. They are formed by a few ex Sixth employees in Slovenia in 2011 and the company acts as a virtual broker. The business model that they use is - the excess that they sell and collect the money for is not going through proper insurance company but they keep all the money and in event of claim they don’t want to pay out. The company is not member European Car Rental Conciliation Service reconciliation service so after numerous calls and exchange of emails I am in process of asking for legal help.