Do not take out any insurance with them

jaes112's review of Vehicle Rent - www.vehicle-rent.com

“Do not take out any insurance with them”

Written on: 10/10/2019 by jaes112 (1 review written)

When I hired a car with vehiclerent I took out their relax insurance package in case any damaged was charged to me. The rental booking and collection process was fine.

When I returned my vehicle I was charged for the damage by the car company, however I claimed on the insurance as I was covered. My claim was approved and I was told it could take 90 days to get the money back (which is an unnecessary amount of time to begin with).

90 days has passed and I am no nearer to getting the refund back. When I contact them all I get is a generic apology saying that the claims dept is working to issue my refund.

I've now submitted a formal complaint (no response 4 days later even though an customer service agent says my email has been picked up by their claims dept). I have also begun legal action.

Book a vehicle with them, but do NOT get their insurance. It's also very strange as when you usually take out insurance you get a policy document detailing specific terms and conditions, as well as the underwriters of the risk. However I never received one and when I asked for one all they provided was some T&Cs on their website. Very suspicious.

• June 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• london