Be careful to avoid being made to pay for airport parking!!!

Sofia Airport (Arrivals Hall); Varna Airport (Arrivals Hall), Burgas Airport (Arrivals Hall); Plovdiv, Sozopol, Nessabar

Mancunian2's review of Top Rent A Car Bulgaria - www.toprentacar.bg

“Be careful to avoid being made to pay for airport...”

Written on: 22/02/2020 by Mancunian2 (1 review written)

I’ve been renting cars with this company for four consecutive years and had very good experience... till this last time...
Upon returning the car I took a ticket when entering the underground car park at Sofia airport, as I’ve been doing in previous years. I gave it to the person whom I returned the car to,so they have a record for the time I entered the car park. However, they said I should go upstairs in the terminal and pay for parking (2 leva) as I should have used a card contained in the car documents to enter the car park. This was a ridiculous demand as no one explained I should use a card to enter, and moreover, they run their business IN the airport parking, so their should be an easy way to cancel a ticket, even if taken by mistake by a customer. I asked to speak to the manager on duty, who was equally unhelpful and continued to insist I should pay for parking. Finally I paid b 2 leva and went away, but I find it appalling to make such ridiculous demands without giving proper instructions to the customers! This company would clearly prefer to frustrate a customer (for the equivalent of 1 euro), rather than find a solution. So disappointing...

• 02/2020

Date of hire (month/year)

• Sofia, Bulgaria

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Toprentacar's Response to Mancunian2's Review

Written on: 26/02/2020

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your detailed review!

We understand that the procedure for the parking is a little bit annoying, however at the moment we should pay for every ticket to the Sofia Airport and this is the reason we provide cards for free entrance to every customer.
We will take in consideration your comment and inform our customers more detailed how to use their cards.

Please apologize for any inconveniences caused!

We will be glad to work together again in future.

Kind Regards,

Top Rent A Car
---
Customer Service

Hurryup23's Response to Mancunian2's Review

Written on: 06/03/2020

This may happen in any company, be sure. I had a similar issue with another service.