no longer TopRentACar

Sofia Airport (Arrivals Hall); Varna Airport (Arrivals Hall), Burgas Airport (Arrivals Hall); Plovdiv, Sozopol, Nessabar

Jedi0707's review of Top Rent A Car Bulgaria - www.toprentacar.bg

“no longer TopRentACar”

Written on: 25/06/2019 by Jedi0707 (1 review written)

I have been using TopRentACar vehicles for several years. At the beginning, TopRentACar was a small, smart company with reasonably priced vehicles and good service. Unfortunately, this positive image has worsened from the beginning. The system of vehicle pickup and return is now the most ineffective and cumbersome system I've ever experienced in a vehicle rental company. I accepted the long waiting times and the double filling out of forms. Although all data was already entered online at the time of booking. But now the point has come that I will no longer rent TopRentACar vehicles. On my last rental I had two scratches in the paint when returning. Both smaller 10 centimetres. Because I did not bring the police for this "damage", I was deducted € 150 and the additional insurance for damage was not accepted. I had not even noticed until the return of the vehicle that I have the scratches on the car. TopRentACar showed no form of goodwill either at the counter or later through Customer Service. On the contrary, I only got standard mails with the extra bill. Yes, the damage was incurred in my rental period, but just in case something happened on the vehicle I have the additional insurance. If this only applies if you have to fetch the police for every little scratch (for example, 5mm), then that is completely alien to reality. Especially on Bulgarian roads. It gives the impression that it should only be demanded with money. I've probably rented a vehicle over 20 times at TopRentACar. I will not do that in the future. I will also recommend my guests in my vacation properties not to rent at TopRentACar!

• 06/2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• varna

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Toprentacar's Response to Jedi0707's Review

Written on: 28/06/2019

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are very sorry that you have encountered unpleasant experiences during your hiring. Due to the GDPR the documentation should be filled by our customers and we are currently working on this issue in order to make the whole procedure more time-saving.
Our terms and conditions are clearly and accurately written to not leave any confusion or misunderstandings. Also the information about what is the procedure in case of damage, accident etc. is written on the back of your Rental agreement, but in your voucher and in the e-mail, which you receive after pick up as well.

We are sorry about the additional fee you had to pay and the impression we left.

Kind Regards