Its the actual Car company not the Agent who are important

Tipoa Car Hire - www.tipoa.com
3.4

Guest's review of Tipoa Car Hire - www.tipoa.com

“Its the actual Car company not the Agent who are important”

written by on 19/11/2013

We "hired" a car for 3 days from TIPOA 5 dats ago to collect from Malaga Airport. Before we booked it we e mailed TIPOA and asked the following. "As I don't have a credit card but will be the driver can we use my partners credit card".
TIPOA emailed back that so long as she turned up with her card and passport when we picked up the car it would be ok.
So we booked. On turning up to pick up the car from "Record Go", who are the actual car company, they refused to let us have it citing different driver to the Credit card. On asking if we could change the driver to my partner they said only if they got another Voucher from us/TIPOA. This is impossible to do two stories under Malaga Airport with no computer or printer. The girl at Record Go was unhelpful and said in any event even though we had a Zero "insurance" Excess we would still have to buy their insurance to take the car if we came with a new voucher. She would not accept the email from TIPOA saying the credit card situation was ok. Fair play to TIPOA and especially CarTrawler who handled my complaint with the utmost courtesy and help and are refunding our money.

Uxiaolsson's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2013

I am not sure if it would have been applicable or helpful in this particular case but some rental car suppliers do accept DEBIT CARDS, although they do insist on their own full insurance is taken at the desk , which can make the overall rental more expensive.