Don’t even consider Sixt+

davelavender's review of Sixt Car Hire www.sixt.co.uk

“Don’t even consider Sixt+”

Written on: 23/08/2021 by davelavender (1 review written)

On 22/0721 I signed up to Sixt+ as I’d just moved back to Liverpool from London and needed a car asap.

I paid:
- £499 Subscription Setup Fee.
- £718.99 for the car.
- 29.99 to guarantee sat nav.
- And then at the hire centre they preauthorised another £216.80 for no particular reason which took a week to drop off.
- All in all £1,464.78 for what ended up being an Audi Q2 SLine Quattro when I’d requests a BMW 1 Series M Sport (first World problems I know).
- Oh and I was offered about £129 extra to bring the damage responsibility down from £1,950 to £450 which I just didn’t have at the time.

Now I don’t get paid until the 27th and they won’t wait a week, or take the extra difference at the time. I have to give the car back! And be car less for a week? And if I hadn’t complained I’d have had to paid the £499 subscription fee again.

Turned up at the hire place to turn the car at 1pm today closed, so couldn’t even speak to a manager about this madness. And had no intention of standing in the rain waiting for an Uber in the middle of Speke.

Personally I would like the £499 subscription fee refunded and never to have to deal with Sixt+ again. Or to have the car for the week, as a gesture of good will.

• 22/07/21

Date of hire (month/year)

• UK Liverpool

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Davelavender's Response to davelavender's Review

Written on: 28/08/2021

NOW RESOLVED WITH THE LIVERPOOL BRANCH THANKS!