Appalling

dbMcLain350's review of RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

“Appalling”

Written on: 09/10/2020 by dbMcLain350 (1 review written)

Appalling. Website lures you with various ambiguously-placed incentives of "Free Cancellation" and/or radically discounted prices, only to glitch-out and renege on such promises. When you call them, they hang up mid-conversation.

I was categorically promised "Free Cancellation" next to the listing on which I clicked. Call centre point-blank refused to believe me. When I supplied photographic evidence (as the instance was stored in my browsing history), they fobbed me off saying the claim of Free Cancellation was attached to an insurance policy. When I responded with a SECOND screenshot of their website glitching with another false promise and pricing irregularity, they never even responded...

Warning: On this company's car searcher, they do (either by accident or by design) list a car as having free cancellation when it doesn't. AVOID getting stung, and use another car comparison site.

As I am still yet to receive a response from my latest photographic evidence or any indication of a refund, I am now having to take up the matter with an ombudsman. DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE.