RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com Review

RabC60's review of RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

“I have used Rentalcars for years with no problems but...”

Written on: 11/02/2020 by RabC60 (1 review written)

I have used Rentalcars for years with no problems but in January 2020 A rented a car through Rentalcars from GreenMotion at Manchester Airport, drove it 44 miles on Friday afternoon, left it in the car park until Sunday afternoon and drove it beck to GreenMotion with no incident.
On returning the car the GreenMotion employee during the inspection flipped a small black box out of the hatchback door bulkhead and moved on to note "Revers camera plastic brouken". This was not the case.
The complete camera mounting, whatever it was made of, was completely absent. Indeed, it must have been absent when I hired the car, as neither myself nor passengers saw debris or fixings screws/bolts present, just a hole in the bulkhead.
Bringing this to the attention of Rentalcars and a pointing out that a) I had been a loyal customer for many years. b) I had photographs, 4 witness statements; corroborating evidence of the strange way the Green Motion Inspector acted and afterwards in the office where Green Motion stated "You aren't being charged", You new the risks" (which I later assumed to be me not taking out their insurance, doubling the cost of the car hire, they later charged me 129 GBP.
Rentalcars provided me with some documents from Green Motion:
Green Motion:

1. An invoice generated by Green Motion, where they are now charging me for a "Rear boot lock"? Never before mentioned?
2. Photograph of the car number plate?
3. Photograph of the reverse camera after the Green Motion employee scooped it from the hole in hatchback bulkhead.
4. A pdf file showing what the missing mount looks like.
5. A customer copy of the rental agreement.
6. A scan of the Condition Report Form.
7 Finally, a reply: "I do hope these are the documents you were hoping for as they have provided me with no further information unfortunately, despite my request. Alternatively if you still require further information/documentation from them I would suggest that you speak with Greenmotion directly"

Basically, no new information or documentation and of course I had already complained to Green Motion at length. They take no responsibility for passing you off to another company
They may be cheap but they take their margin and provide nothing I advise you to go direct and keep the costs down!

• 01/2020

Date of hire (month/year)

• England, Manchester Airport

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles