Who Is your booking Reservation actually with???

iamgabi's review of Rental Car Group - www.rentalcargroup.com

“Who Is your booking Reservation actually with???”

Written on: 19/11/2018 by iamgabi (1 review written)

I arrived to pick up my car with passport, driving licence, credit card, letter from bank showing that my visa card covers CDW however you reservation information had never stipulated that I required a code from the Mexican government to validate the insurance cover on my visa card so I was unable to have the car unless I was prepared to pay a further $28 CDW cover which made the cost of rental ridiculously expensive.
I declined to take the car, asked to cancel and requested a full refund as I don't believe that what they were requesting was within my capabilities to acquire at the time of pick up & had not been included in the list of requirements I was to take with me.
It appears that this is unique to Europcar/Rental Car Group/Car Trawler, who knows who the booking was made through!!??
Other rental companies are happy to allow you to leave a deposit on your credit card I have since learnt something that was not an option for me in regards to the above booking

I booked a rental car through the Rental Car Group & after calling all the numbers on my booking confirmation and not getting a response I emailed eventually getting a response telling me that they had booked it through Car Trawler which was the first I had heard, all the contact information that was given to me about Car Trawler was wrong or old, eventually they contacted them directly and I finally got a response but they declined to reimburse as the rental date had passed, they didn't care that it had taken all this time to contact them as no on the day contact details or the right company details to contact had been given.

• Nov 2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Playa Del Carmen

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles