Worst rental in Kaunas

Jaydan1966's review of Panek Car Hire

“Worst rental in Kaunas”

Written on: 23/05/2022 by Jaydan1966 (1 review written)

This company is a Joke.... I did not read reviews before renting a car with then in Kaunas and I regrets it.
Straight to the point, the company appear as the cheapest on the car rental comparison company because they are tricking people with all sorts of extra fees if you are not carefully ready the 5 pages of tiny text contract.
First, we arrived late at the rental because we had to finish some work at the airport and the guy tell us that we should be entitled to 120euros fees for coming late to pick the car?! First time I hear that in a rental company that you cannot be late to pick your car.... but the guy tells us that he is in good mood so we will not have to pay.
Second, we were planning to go to visit a friend 5 Km in Poland (meaning cross border) But we have not been informed by anyone about a special fees with crossing border and also the car was registered in Poland. The day after arriving there I received a mail stating that I have been crossing the border ILLEGALLY and that I am entitled to 2000euros fees… I therefore started to read the contract more carefully and saw a lot of information about what can of extra fees they can give. They can also give you 400euros fees for exceeding the speed limit as they are tracking our GPS for location and speed.
End of the story, we tried to tell them that we actually did not need to cross the border as it was so close and we could have been picked, so we simply did not know about the fee for crossing. But they did not give a damn and gave us a “discount” of 50% if we would pay the fine directly otherwise we would end up in court with them. We ended up paying 1000euros for renting a car for 2 days with this crooked company. The guy did even lie to our face stating that he his sure about telling us something about the cross border and even is colleague confirmed while it is 1000% not true.
Just avoid the company and pay a few more bucks for something reliable.

• 29-05-2022

Date of hire (month/year)

• Kaunas

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles