Can't respond to simple flight delay, chaos ensues.

Aniyah340's review of Maki Car Rental Mauritius

“Can't respond to simple flight delay, chaos ensues.”

Written on: 13/07/2018 by Aniyah340 (1 review written)

It looked great at first, the booking and website itself worked flawlessly. The confirmation emails with links to add booking tickets to iOS Passport looked like a nice touch as well.

Things started to go wrong when my flight got delayed. I found out as I tried to board. I frantically email and make international phone calls trying to get a hold of maki to ask them what I should do. No response. I spend the next **THREE DAYS** trying to get a hold of them waiting for a response.

When I finally get a reply it's things like this:

"I am sorry for the late reply but unfortunately our office is not open 24/7.
As per my phone conversation with our partner, you have already informed them about the postponed flight. Also as per them, you will contact them again as soon as you know your new arrival details so that our partner can check if he can make the necessary changes.
Wishing you a nice day ahead."

Then silence again until:

"I regret to inform you that your booking request has just been rejected by our partner in Mauritius. I'm afraid that our partner does not have any car available due to an extension."

This was as I was boarding the rescheduled flight.

I could have paid to hold the car, in my head the interaction should have gone like this:
Day 0: Hello my flight was delayed
Day 1: Ok we will reschedule, but you need to prepay to hold the car, here's the link.
Day whenever I arrive: no stress continue to use the car as planned.

• 07/2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Mauritius