Disappointed with Hertz

rdoane's review of Hertz Car Rental

“Disappointed with Hertz ”

Written on: 18/08/2019 by rdoane (1 review written)

I was totally dissatisfied with my Hertz car rental at the Las Vegas McCarren Airport. Approximately a month in advance, my wife and I rented over the internet an "intermediate-sized" car from the McCarren Airport Hertz Car Rental kiosk. The images on the home page showed Malibu's as examples of "intermediate" size vehicles. We called to verify our rental availability the day before our flight from PA to Vegas, emphasizing the need for an "intermediate-size" car because we had two adults and two children plus their luggage for a week's stay in Vegas to put in the car. We were arriving at 12:30 am Vegas time. When we arrived we were given a Kia Soul, a car the Kia web-page calls a "sub-compact," which it definitely is! We had to have our children, 14 and 17, sit on and hold luggage because there was so little room behind the back seat. When pointed out to Hertz that even Kia called the Soul a "sub-compact," the counter person, then the manager, indicated that in Vegas it was an "intermediate." We will never again use Hertz Car Rental and suggest that anyone considering doing so, reconsider. We also rented a car from Alamo Car Rental and received a Ford Edge, a true intermediate-size vehicle, and were completely satisfied with their service. Lesson learned, go Alamo (or anywhere other than Hertz) to rent a vehicle. I cannot vouch for any car rental company other than Alamo, BUT anywhere else has to be at least equal to Hertz if not better!

• July, 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Las Vegas Nevada Airport (McCarren)

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles