WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK !!!

revbloke's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“ WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK !!!”

Written on: 19/04/2016 by revbloke (1 review written)

Seems like I have been duped like many others!!
I got the car at Marseille - nice car actually...and pleasant staff...but the catch was in the small print!
I booked and happily 'arrived and drived'...after having a 'deposit for fuel' taken from my card.
Later...I was only refunded part and when I asked why I, was told the balance was for additional insurance I had chosen.... I HAD NOT CHOSEN actually!
At no time was I asked or given any choice at all!!
I should have stood for 15 mins and read (after asking for the document to be translated) the small print to find out exactly what it was that was on the document.
THEN I COULD HAVE EXPOSED THIS BUNCH.
Choice is yours..... My mistake increased their gross profit by 100% - it doubled the cost of the vehicle rental.
YUK YUK YUK YUK.
(ps I booked through Holiday Autos and have registered my disgust with them too)

• March 2016

Date of hire (month/year)

• marseille airport

Choice of vehicles

Goldcarrental's Response to revbloke's Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

Dear customer,

Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. This is common practice in the rent-a-car sector.

Kind regards,