fictitious damage claim

PK-M's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“fictitious damage claim”

Written on: 08/03/2020 by PK-M (1 review written)

Goldcar and Interrent seem to be the same company as my contract was with Interrent but it was signed in Goldcar’s office in Malaga airport and it was Goldcar that deducted €270 for fictitious damage (Feb 18, 2020). After making several phone calls which never got answered or only in Spanish I finally came across Goldcar’s facebook page and contacted them via Messenger. Incredibly within 10 minutes they answered as follows:
Type a message...
Hi! According to our records, the €270 charge is linked to two damage charges (€150 and €120). Please, open a case ticket with our Customer Service team with your contract number, client code and the email address you used to make the booking, so that you can get all the information regarding this issue. Kind regards,
Chat conversation end

Through the link I was able to contact the Interrent customer services and told them that the car was delivered back to their depot at Malaga airport UNDAMAGED and I attached 6 photos that I took at the time (11.50 am) showing a completely undamaged car and requesting them to return the deducted €270. Their answer was to send me a photo showing damage to a car – note ONE damage, not 2. The time and date when my photos were taken can be seen as evidence. There is no way to corroborate whether the photo was of the car I hired and when the photo was taken.
Do not hire a car from Goldcar & Interrent. Just look at the reviews on the facebook page of Goldcar and also here.

• malaga airport, Spain

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

Johnc_Ireland's Response to PK-M's Review

Written on: 27/09/2020

They are disgusting! I will never use this company again. I'd rather pay the extra to a reputable company instead of playing Russian Roulette with my Credit Card.