Awful Do not use!!

Ali217's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Awful Do not use!! ”

Written on: 29/08/2019 by Ali217 (1 review written)

If you choose to use this company, make sure you purchase their fully comp added on insurance at the time of pre-booking. They will not allow you to use your own and if you do they treat you like you’ve stood in dogs poo!
The man at the desk was most unfriendly, he asked us to take the insurance at an extra £168 this was for 7 days at Malaga airport. When we said ‘no it was ok’ He then said you have to or you can not have the car...He was continuously hostile with us. In the end he made it clear if we did not take their insurance we could not have the car.
I have 2 points to make on this-
1. If this is the case why would anyone be allowed to book a car without this?
2. Online I could have had a weeks insurance at the time for an extra £48 why the hell would I pay £168

We walked away without the car. We then went and spoke to a more reputable company; explained to them. He said go back and tell them you have paid for the car what they have done Is not right.
We went back complained to a manager who then spoke to the man, We then were told we had to deal with the same guy.
We finally got the keys (which were Fiat) ok but when we got to the car it was a Van with a roof rack!!! That was enough for me We went back and cancelled.
Just absolutely wasted 2hrs of my life.
Ultimately use them if they come up cheaper but make sure you book their insurance at the time.

• August 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain, Malaga