Avoid, avoid, avoid!

trurojoe's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Avoid, avoid, avoid! ”

Written on: 20/04/2019 by trurojoe (1 review written)

We rented a car from Goldcar at Catania Airport in Sicily. It took over 90 minutes to organise the booking (a pre-arranged and pre-paid booking, that is), with nothing for our two kids to do in the sparse depot. Then, we had to search for the car- traipsing around a multi-storey car park with our luggage. Access to the car park was appalling and dangerous for kids. Then we had to find our car seat - which was located at a different office. We had ordered a sat nav, and Goldcar charged us over 100 Euros for this - only to discover the car had one already. We are still trying to arrange a refund, but this looks unlikely.

When we returned the car to the depot, the office was closed. I had to traipse off again to return the car seat. When I returned, the car had been mysteriously damaged on the wing mirror - for which I was charged a further 60 Euro.

The only positive thing I would say is that the car itself - a Citroen Cactus - was a very good family car. What a shame about everything else.

• april 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy, Catania

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Boeing747Sp's Response to trurojoe's Review

Written on: 26/04/2019

This review is so so true I can only say buyer Beware