Goldcar: Fraudulent practice

Charlizek12's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Goldcar: Fraudulent practice”

Written on: 05/04/2019 by Charlizek12 (1 review written)

I ordered and prepaid (via Holiday Autos) to pick up a Fiat 500 from Goldcar at Fuerteventura airport. I picked up the car (a Fiat 500) and declining to pay the additional insurance paid a deposit on my credit card, which i was informed would be paid back in full if the car was OK. I was instructed to return the car with a full tank.

After returning the car (with full tank) a couple of days later I received my deposit minus around £90. Upon questioning Goldcar I was informed that I had agreed to pay for a 'Smart Return' enabling me to return the car without a full tank ( I clearly hadn't agreed to this as evidenced by the full tank).

I was also informed I had agreed to pay 50 euros for an unspecified 'upgrade'. Given the car i drove away was the car i had ordered i'm at a loss as to what the upgrade provided was.

Goldcar are refusing to refund my money despite the fact that these charges are clearly fraudulent.

Holiday Autos are claiming that there is nothing that they can do because they 'weren't physically present at the reception desk and cannot vouch for the conversation that took place'.

Please, please, please - avoid both of these firms......