Mistake of a couple hundred euros

Lyonstt335's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Mistake of a couple hundred euros”

Written on: 24/08/2018 by Lyonstt335 (1 review written)

I booked with Goldcar because they had actually unbeatable fares in the Lisbon airport. I booked online an Economy classe car for 25 EUR for a week, what a bargain!
When I arrived in the Lisbon airport I paid the deposit and off I went.
When I came a week later the problems started.
When I delivered the car they found a scratch in the window and I had to go to the service desk to sort it out. I had to wait 1h to be attended mostly because the service was chaotic and they actually forgot that there where tickets for the queue.
It came out that the scratch on the window was already there and everything was sorted out. Nice, I just wasted 1 hour for them to figure that out ...
The worst came later. I kept an eye on my credit card extract to make sure that the deposit was lifted. At some point they just charged me 400 EUR extra without any invoice or reason.
I wanted to call the office, but the number they gave me just kept calling without any answer. After several attempts I tried to find a new phone number online, and I had to figure it out that I had to call their office in Spain.
I called them and explained my problem. They had no clue why they charged me that amount, so they advised me to place a service desk ticket online. I waited 2 weeks without any changes or communication and called them again, the response was the same and they told me to wait. I kept calling every week to hear any news, nothing happened. This lasted around 1 month. Then I guess they decided that I had waited enough and that the problem needed to be investigated. They apparently *mistyped the total value* that they wanted to charge me!!! They kept 400 EUR + deposit of around 100 EUR for 1 month due to incompetence and laziness. And this without counting the dozens of euros I spent calling their office ...
I learned my lesson: Goldcar never again!

• 2018/04

Date of hire (month/year)

• Lisbon, Portugal

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles