unethical behaviour

DavyWilliam's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“unethical behaviour”

Written on: 19/02/2018 by DavyWilliam (1 review written)

I rented a car from 17.12.2017 to 31.12.2017, picked up at, and returned to, Fuerteventura airport.

When picking up the car I photographed all parts of the car, including the scratches and dents with date and time on pictures. When returning the car I also took photographs of all the car to show it was being returned in the same condition.

I also washed and hovered the car before returning (as this is my normal practice to do).

Once before goldcar had deducted 0ver 200 euros for 'extra' cleaning, even though I had washed and hovered the car before returning it. However upon complaint goldcar did return half of this money back and I just let the other go as I had had enough of the gibberish they where giving at the time.

After returning the car on the 31.12.2017, I heard absolutely nothing from goldcar.

I had a shock when looking at my latest credit card bill as goldcar have deducted 460.48 euros from my account.

WHAT FOR?

IS THIS LEGAL?

I haven't been informed about any deductions from goldcar, I haven't heard from them at all !!!

I have tried to contact them but every phone number on their documentation is not available, no longer in use. I have tried every phone number I can find on their website, but no luck. Even the booking phone number is not available.

You can book on line but there is no complaints or customer service available at all and no where to leave a review.

I have photos of before and after rental to show car was in the same condition upon return as when picking it up, plus it was in a cleaner state after the wash and hoover.

I have contacted the Spanish government, the Spanish tourist board, the European trades and standards, the Canarias Government and the Canarias tourist board because this is NOT RIGHT what has happened.

Goldcar should NOT be allowed to get away with the bad practice they have which can be seen on the complaints board and other web sites.

goldcar do not have a review section on their web site, oh yes they do, all give goldcar 5/5 on the Fuerteventura site, but there is no way anyone can add to the reviews so I wonder who put these wonderful reviews up in the first place because all what I have now read today is the complete opposite !!!

Can somebody out there help me fight my case against the bad practice of goldcar.

I am going to post the above on every travel website I possibly can to save someone else having the shock I received this morning when opening my credit card bill.

regards,
D.W. Lamb.

• 17.12.2017 to 31.12.2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Fuertventura

Country & City of hire

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 06/03/2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, please note that all of our basic procedures are stated on your confirmation voucher as well as on your contract. According to what you are telling us, we consider that the 200€ charge can't be related to a Special cleaning fee, given that the maximum amount for this breach on our policy would be 150€. We consider this may have been related to other things that may have been unnoticed by you on your contract. Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP.

Kind regards.