AVOID GOLDCAR LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! TOTAL RIP OFF MERCHANTS!!

CAT009's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“AVOID GOLDCAR LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! TOTAL RIP OFF MERCHANTS!!”

Written on: 07/12/2017 by CAT009 (1 review written)

DO NOT USE GOLDCAR ......IF YOU DO YOU WILL PAY!!! i have been using goldcar for over 15 years and have always taken out there insurance! this is how the story goes.

I picked up my car from alicante multi storey as i always have done for all the years that i have been going there. on this occasion they were very short staffed, i checked over the car and there were several scratches that were not on the release form to me, i went inside where the queue was 10 deep in people, i managed to get the attention of the person that i know there after hiring every three weeks, i expressed my concerns to be told its ok carry on , i thought well ok as i do know them well. Guess what happened next i receive some photos and a bill for £950 euros which they deducted from my card straight away, yes you got it its a sham, they rent out there cars for peanuts and then trick the client. I expressed my disappointment chased them and chased them until i received a message telling me to read there conditions!! Well thanks GOLDCAR you are total rip off merchants, i beg all of you who are going to use them to steer clear and use AUTOCLICK, they are very honest from the word go I am warning all you people use GOLDCAR at your peril.

• 16.11.2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain Alicante Airport

Choice of vehicles

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 24/01/2018

Dear client,

Please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit card or purchase our additional coverage. Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the check-out sheet, however, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing. On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.
We are surprised with this as you have mentioned that you had booked our coverage which means that the damages would have been covered.

If possible and the moderators would allow it, please provide your booking number.

Thank you.