Did not get what was promised on the voucher

462Hunt's review of FASTCarhire www.fastcarhire.co.uk

“Did not get what was promised on the voucher”

Written on: 18/12/2018 by 462Hunt (1 review written)

In the terms & conditions of my booking in the voucher, it was clearly stated (among others): “Free Delivery/Collection within 15Kms of Hertz Depot” and “Vehicle Theft Waiver (with zero excess)”.

When I picked up the car in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, HERTZ told me that NO Vehicle Theft Waiver is included in the booking. I had some discussions with them and pointed to the voucher where clearly is stated “Hertz Thailand Comments (Aug 2018): THIS BOOKING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.”. No chance – they did not give the “Vehicle Theft Waiver” to me. They said that FASTCarhire did make a mistake, no Theft Protection included. At the end I had to pay additional fees for the Theft Protection.

When bringing back the car I wanted them to collect the car from my hotel which was clearly less than 15 kms away from the HERTZ depot. No way – HERTZ did refuse to collect the car from my hotel.

When I make a booking which states “Vehicle Theft Waiver (with zero excess)” included then I clearly expect that TP is included when I pick up the car. Same for the 15km free collection. Currently I feel that I cannot rely on the information given the FASTCarhire T&Cs and vouchers.

Everything else (booking process, quality of car etc.) was fine.

• November 2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Bangkok BKK Airport, Thailand

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Excellent

Choice of vehicles