READ TRIPADVISOR AND TRUST PILOT REVIEWS AS WELL!!

ebunce's review of FairCar - www.faircar.is

“READ TRIPADVISOR AND TRUST PILOT REVIEWS AS WELL!!”

Written on: 27/07/2017 by ebunce (1 review written)

Unfortunately, we didn't read the numerous online bad reviews about fair car rental in iceland until after we had booked our rental car. From the online reviews on trip advisor.com and trustpilot.com, Fair car rental has treated many other renters with the same dodgy practices that I experienced (credit cards charged months after renting with for 'damage' costs). I have rented cars all over the world for the past 30 years and fair car is by far the worst and most unethical company i have ever encountered. Their rates are cheaper when you book but you get billed for thousands of dollars/euros weeks or months after the car rental is over. They take an impression of your card when you pick the car up so they can (and do) charge whatever they want after the rental period is over. I made sure i did the pick up and drop inspection during their office hours with a fair car employee present and got a copies of both inspection reports. I took photos of any damage that was already there when i picked the car up and when i dropped it off. I purchased all of the insurance that fair car offered (including sand & ash and the complete excess damage waiver which according to their rental agreement, reduced our financial responsibility to zero. i received a small rock chip on the passenger side windshield (with no cracking or spreading) during my rental. I've had similar rock chips repaired on my own car but fair car informed me that the entire windshield would need to be replaced. I filed the claim with worldwide insurance (the cedw insurance that fair car offered) and worldwide agreed to pay them directly. After this, fair car charged my own credit card for almost $1200 for a new windshield. I have reported fair car rental to the european and icelantic consumer protection agencies. do your research and read trip advisor.com and trustpilot.com for other negative reviews on this rental company. the other reviews are all very similar to my experience with high charges on your credit card after your vacation is over. save yourself a lot of wasted time, money and headache and rent your car with another icelantic company.

Useful

• 5/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Keflavik, Iceland