Car ok, service & process extremely disappointing

KristenLarsen's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“Car ok, service and process extremely disappointing”

Written on: 28/01/2019 by KristenLarsen (1 review written)

Pros:
-Not far from the airport and shuttle service was quick and easy
-Prices are very attractive and competitive

Cons:
-They will try to push a bunch of add-ons at the time of your reservation with really weird explanations, like, "this car has air bags", more room, takes diesel gas and you can save 10 cents a liter. In the end, I was VERY GLAD I stayed with my original reservation. The car we got was absolutely what we were looking for, had airbags, room, and the gas prices weren't that much better to make me want to reserve a larger car with worse gas mileage for an additional charge a day. Seemed like they were desperate for money.

-I found the staff to be rather passive and not very communicative and clear about the fees involved. When we got there, they asked us to purchase gas ahead of time. There was nothing said about this when I made the reservation. If we bought the gas, which was required to rent the car, they said we could return the tank empty. When we got the car, we had to sign saying we'd return it at a quarter tank. When we got in the car, it was at three-quarters. What kind of system is this?? This is the first time I've ever experienced this. In my opinion, one needs to either always return it full (this also helps save time for everybody) or return it approximately with the same amount of gas marked on the meter at the time of renting the car. It made me feel very suspicious, like I was being taken advantage of.

-Lastly, I didn't find the staff particularly friendly. They weren't mean, but it's not like I felt welcomed there. One has to enter this creepy office building, closed to the general public, walk up the stairs, enter a small room with white walls, and interact with socially-awkward men who seem to either hate their jobs or each other. The friendliness they offered seemed scripted and superficial, not genuine at all-especially after all of the weird tactics above.

• 11/2016

Date of hire (month/year)

• Cork, Ireland

Country & City of hire