Worst rental company in the world, thus far.

Morsecb275's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“Worst rental company in the world, thus far.”

Written on: 24/10/2018 by Morsecb275 (1 review written)

I hired thru holidayauto. This is a third party site. I arrived at the airport and had to ask a desk to call the rental shop to pick me up as I don't have a phone that works in England. 30 minutes later, we were picked up. Then there were signs in the rental center that said no rude people allowed or tolerated (this should have been my first clue as I thought that would be a gimme anywhere else). I was asked how everything is going and the guy was making small chit chat and then asked for my credit card. I said "Oh yeah, for the deposit right?" and he said "I will tell you in a minute." (he already took my card and swiped it). He told me that since I bought and waived third party insurance that I would have to mandatory buy their third party insurance. I said "how much?" An extra 192 pounds. I cried when I heard that as I already paid for the full booking but they wouldn't let me waive the third party (I thought my credit card Collision Damage Waiver was enough, apparently in the UK you need third party and this car rental shop doesn't include it in their prices). The guy says you can call your credit card company and they will say the same. The guy continued to say how many times he must explain this to foreigners. (Another clue, that they should fix it and make it mandatory to begin with and there would be no issues) So after 2 hours of trying to figure out what to do last minute, I bit the bullet. I paid the 192 pounds and 95 pounds deposit for fuel. I got a crappy car in the end. I also was charged 95 pounds for the fuel even though I returned it full. Still waiting 5 days now to get that deposit refunded back to me.

• Oct/2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Manchester, UK

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles