Easirent basically took my money & won't give it back.

SimonReviewCentre's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“Easirent basically took my money and won't give it back.”

Written on: 08/08/2018 by SimonReviewCentre (1 review written)

I rented a car (from Heathrow branch) and paid the £1250 Pre-Authorised Holding Security Deposit. As I was using an American credit card, I thought nothing of it when they processed the card in US dollars and added a 3.50% foreign exchange fee.

It was only when I eventually received my credit card statement that I realised that Easirent had processed the deposit as a SALE and not as a PRE-AUTHORISED HOLDING DEPOSIT.

When I queried this with the branch manager, he told me, in writing, that I would get my deposit back within 10 business days.

Well, I paid the deposit in January 2018 and it is now August 2018. I have emailed a number of times and included the managing director in my correspondence. Hanley has never responded.

After a number of emails, I have now received a PARTIAL refund of the money they took from me and since they no longer reply to my emails, I must conclude that they are going to keep the rest.

Although it is not in their Terms & Conditions, the branch manager told me that due to the length of the car hire, they charged the £1250 as a SALE and not a PRE-AUTHORISED HOLDING DEPOSIT but nevertheless, it should have been returned to me when I brought back the car, which was at the end of March 2018.

Now I am left with no option but to SUE for the rest of my money PLUS compensation and interest.

Ironically, I am currently in the USA which means that when this matter goes to court, for which I shall intend to be in attendance, I shall also be charging my travelling expenses, which will run into thousands of pounds as short-notice flights back to the UK are expensive. And even more ironic, I shall have to hire a car.

This is the second time that EASIRENT failed to immediately fully refund a deposit without nagging and both refundable deposits related to the same transaction.

Steer clear of EASIRENT unless you want to be fleeced.

• 01/2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• London Heathrow

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles