Bad service from discovercars

Alex_AL's review of Discover Cars - www.discovercars.com

“Bad service from discovercars”

Written on: 28/10/2021 by Alex_AL (1 review written)

I have booked and paid for a car via discovercars. I have selected a car that had a good price and had an automatic transmission. In fact, having the automatic transmission was the main reason for selecting that car. The booking and the payment process went on smoothly.
When I arrived at the local supplier office ( ACE rent a car Bucharest, Romania) the car that I booked was not available and no similar car was provided to me. My understanding of a similar car is a car with an automatic transmission.
The local supplier representative informed me that I have to pay an additional amount of 17 euros as I got to their office outside business hours. It was around 19:20 when this info was passed to my by the representative. My plane landed at 18.45 and no one from the local supplier was in the airport to “meet and greet” as it is clearly stated in the booking.
Watchout Discovercars and future customers of this website, I was not informed that this additional cost might be requested by the local suppliers during the booking process.
As a consequence I refused the car that they offered me and after, 2 days I have initiated a request for a refund from discovercar as the service that was agreed has never been provided.
Discovercars refused to refund me the amount and their explanation was that I did not show up. Really?
Based on this experience I do not recommend using discovercars and ACE rent a car the local supplier in Romania and I wish you don’t have to make any claim from discovercars or ACE.

• 15 October 2021

Date of hire (month/year)

• Bucharest Romania