No support when in desperate need

KathleenMcNeill's review of Discover Cars - www.discovercars.com

“No support when in desperate need ”

Written on: 15/09/2021 by KathleenMcNeill (1 review written)

I booked a hire car with DiscoverCars in May 2021 - the delivery agent was EasiRent based at Glasgow (Scotland) airport. I was fully compliant with all the terms and conditions but EasiRent told me I had to pay an extra 180GBP on collection (August 2021) because my credit card was not valid for a further 6 months - the terms from DiscoverCars specifically state 1 month. Yes - it was clearly a sham by EasiRent (they could not show me their conditions and would not release my car until paid). So I tried to call DiscoverCars (several times in desperation) to try and sort it out. Unfortunately all I got was a recorded message saying they were busy and to send an email (utterly ridiculous). My family and luggage were in the car park and despite protesting for nearly an hour I was forced to either pay the money or be left stranded. I followed up with DiscoverCars after I had returned the car and they offered absolutely no support - not even offering to investigate with one of their suppliers (hence potentially allowing others to be shammed). Very disappointed, I will never use them again and I advise anyone reading this to avoid using a rental broker as you are NOT protected via your credit card company. EasiRent Glasgow should also be avoided like the plague

• August 2021

Date of hire (month/year)

• Glasgow