Never again

sergeisokolov's review of Discover Cars - www.discovercars.com

“Never again”

Written on: 22/09/2020 by sergeisokolov (1 review written)

Hi,
I traveled to Turkey with my family in August 2020. We booked a compact economy car with Discovercars.com. The rental provider was Circular Car Hire. I booked the car in advance and communicated to the renter to make sure we would get what we wanted.

On arrival at the airport we were picked up by a van and brought to a half empty parking with a small office. The representative brought a mini bus and said that there was only that car and had nothing else. I was in a state of shock. It was late night and we had to take a taxi in order to get to our hotel which was located 45 km away.

Next day I called to Discovercars.com reported about the situation and booked another car using Right Cars rental provider. I booked it with a full coverage insurance. When I called to a Right Cars representative he said that I had to cancel the insurance with Discovercars and buy it from him because as he said if there could be even a scratch I would pay to him. So I bought the insurance from the Right Cars. The guy also took 750 TL security deposit from my card.

When I was on my way back I called to the Right Cars and asked about toll charges I had to pay. I knew it was about 400 TL but the guy said that it was 650 TL because the toll charges were high. I had to show him receipt and then he said that he made a mistake and the amount was 420 TL and I had to pay cash.

When I brought back the car the guy was late. He checked the car, took 420 TL cash and gave no receipt. I asked him to check on his computer whether it was the correct amount and he said that the sum was final and signed the papers.

It has been a month since that time and now I have no deposit back and have to struggle in order to get my 750 TL back. I had never had such a terrible experience renting a car.
I would never recommend neither Dicovercars nor Right Cars nor Circular Car Hire.
Beware of them!

• 12.08.2020

Date of hire (month/year)

• Istanbul

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles