Response to my first review was very poor

kbateson's review of Centauro Rent A Car

“Response to my first review was very poor”

Written on: 11/09/2019 by kbateson (1 review written)

I posted an earlier review at the beginning of September 2019 and the response I received was far from adequate. I believe they do not use reviews as a means to improve their service rather they go through the motions to pretend they care. Like many other reviews their waiting times at Faro airport Portugal were very long, both at the airport waiting for the shuttle bus and also at the main depot approx. 15 minutes drive away. We were a family of 12 including 5 young children and had hired 3 cars. We paid the full price including full insurance and with that we were meant to get a priority checking in process. This did not exist and we had to join the long queue with everyone else. The overall time from waiting for the shuttle bus to getting the keys to our cars was about 2 hours. This timescale raised serious concerns for me for when we return the car at the end of the holiday. The office / shuttle bus does not open until 0700hrs whereas most of the other car hire companies start operating at 0600hrs. We had an early flight on the morning and if the process of checking the cars in and then waiting for the shuttle bus to take us to the airport was as long as the start of the holiday then there was a serious risk of missing our flights. I believed this was a real possibility and had no confidence in the organisation at the Centauro depot. I noted that other customers had given negative reviews concerning delays when returning their cars. I therefore decided to book a hotel close to the airport (5 rooms) costing 690 euros. if Centauro started operating at 0600hrs like the other hire car companies then I would have had much more confidence that I could get to the airport in reasonable time. Why they open so late especially when they are roughly 15 minutes drive away is beyond me and I would advise anyone that has early flights not to book with them. Their response from the number of issues made did not address any of the issues I raised therefore they have no intention of improving their service levels at Faro airport. Use them at your peril.

• August 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Faro airport, Portugal.

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to kbateson's Review

Written on: 13/09/2019

Hi Kbateson,
We appreciate our customers reviews and all comments help us to improve our services.
Please note all the Centauro offices open from 07:00hrs to 23:00hrs, and the timetables do not change in the different countries. This information is clearly showed to the customers during the booking process and also in the booking voucher.
We are aware we have had queues longer than usual in our Faro installations ans we sincerely apologize. We informed our management who took appropriate action, and we are still working on improve our services.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused on arrival.
Kind regards.