HUMBUG, Watch up ! EU9980208

mohikan's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“HUMBUG, Watch up ! EU9980208”

Written on: 17/10/2016 by mohikan (1 review written)

NEVER again, and I mean NEVER more Auto Europe.

They cheat consciously to not disclose all the things on the voucher that is required when you pick up the car ... In my case, I booked an Audi in Venice, and the voucher is clear stated that I must bring at least one credit card when collect the car ( it is written 4 times in the 6 pages closely written voucher, as well as the email with confirmation) I therefore let my other credit card be home when we went off to Venice .. but when we had to pick up the car they demanded suddenly that I had to show two different credit cards (some “uncommon " we Danes not necessarily have - American Express, Diners or Visa Gold) even though my wife had three credit cards, there were not willing to change the voucher to her name .. It resulted in a 3-hour struggle to find another car .. which became a stupid Fiat 500, which we could not have'our luggage in, and an additional payment of about 3000 kr. (400€)
Subsequently, I complained to Autoeurope as it written 4 times in the voucher that only 1 credit card was needed to pick up the car .. but they refuse .. I now believe I have a good case, on false information on their voucher .. so a review / lawsuit to Auto Europe is now well positioned ... even with the extra demands on compensation for “pain and suffering"
I recommend everyone NOT to use this company, with the humbug methods they use in order to make money on people who "screw up" by not bringing 2 kind of "abnormal" credit card when picking up the car
In the 3 hours we struggled to find a car, we talked with another couple, who stood in the exact same situation, and this resulted in that they did not reached the concert in Verona !! and also a lot of time and money!