No car but kept my money

Mihau's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“No car but kept my money”

Written on: 06/06/2016 by Mihau (1 review written)

Think twice before booking through Auto Europe!

Made a booking for Amsterdam Schiphol with my debit credit card. Never ever had problems with the card all over the world. The rude lady at the Hertz/Thrifty counter refused my card and did not even offer alternatives. She did not even accept a cash deposit. She said i could claim my money back and i did not get my money back. So no car and they kept my money.
Never ever again!!! Rather spend more money for more professional companies!!!

• MAY 2016

Date of hire (month/year)

• amsterdam schiphol

Country & City of hire

Autoeuropeuk's Response to Mihau's Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Hello

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to learn that you could not collect the pre-booked vehicle. When making a booking online it does state that a credit card, in the primary drivers name, is required at the time of collection. This information is also printed on the car hire voucher that you are asked to print and produce when collecting the vehicle. Our reservation centre is open Monday to Saturday, from 08:00 to 21:00, and on Sunday from 09:00 to 19:00 with the toll-free number - 0800 358 1229. Please be assured that the information is not hidden from clients and we do try our best to be as clear as we can with all of our supplier terms and conditions. For further information please do contact our team directly
Many Thanks Melanie Auto Europe

Heidelinde's Response to Mihau's Review

Written on: 09/06/2016

I have the very same experience with Auto Europe and totally agree with your comment. I booked the car from Auto Europe Germany so apparently it is the same story. We had the most customer-unfriendly employee at Drive and Go at Porto claiming he had enough customers and wanted us to go (but not to drive).
I normally book directly with Avis or Hertz and never had problems with them. I was just too fast, found a "good" price and did not read the comments of other ripped-off Auto Europe Clients carefully.
Auto Europe: NEVER AGAIN!!!