Ruined start of holiday thanks to Auto Europe

K12345L's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“Ruined start of holiday thanks to Auto Europe”

Written on: 20/05/2016 by K12345L (1 review written)

I booked a short break in Barcelona with my 3 young children and booked a hire car through Auto Europe. I specifically requested a hire company based at the airport. Only after I had confirmed my car hire booking did I find out that the hire car company (Golds) was not based at the airport but accessed via a 'shuttle bus (apparently this is the same as being based at the airport)I was not happy but by now they had my money. My plane landed at 10.30 p.m. and by the time I had cleared custsoms it was around 11.00 when I found the terminal for the Gold car shuttle bus. I waited for around 20 mins and eventually phoned the Goldcr office (and received a message they were closed) I phoned the Goldcar central office and was told the last shuttle left at 10.45 and the office closed at 11.00 p.m. and if I had problem with that I should speak to Auto Europe who I had booked with. I rang Auto Europe and queried how I was meant to get a shuttle bus whithin 15 mins of landing and they said they sent an e-mail requesting flight time confirmatin (which they didn't) I had however spoken to their staff regarding the shuttle bus situation and had clarified flight times to them (as well as on my initial enquiry) and no one mentioned any probems with times. I was told to get a taxi to my accommodation (145.00 euros) and return in the morning. (Another 145 euros)when I pointed out that I was in a foreign city (by this point at one in the morning) with 3 children I was told that was my probem not theirs - when I requested a refund I was told all payments were non-refundable - goodbye. Nice eh?

• april 2016

Date of hire (month/year)

• barcelona

Choice of vehicles

Autoeuropeuk's Response to K12345L's Review

Written on: 01/06/2016

Dear Client

We are very sorry to hear that you were unable to collect the pre-booked vehicle and that you incurred additional costs because of this.

When booking online we do show the status of the supplier at the airport; in this case Goldcar displays the message 'shuttle service'. This information is also printed on the car hire voucher that you are required to print and take when collected your vehicle.

We do understand that once booked you may need to change or cancel a booking; as such we have a call centre that is open between the hours of 8am - 9pm. Should you need to contact us before the rental we can then answer any questions or make any changes.

However should you cancel within 48 hours of collect, or not collect the pre-booked vehicle the supplier will impose cancellations charges.

For further information on your rental please do contact our Customer Service Team directly.

Kind Regards