Auto Europe will do all to not refund your excess

ozzzzy's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“Auto Europe will do all to not refund your excess”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by ozzzzy (0 reviews written)

Attention!
Even if you have ordered a car with the refundable excess option for peace of mind, in the event of an accident, do not be sure that you are protected with autoeurope.eu.
As long as the accident not happens it may seem that you are dealing with a sweet company, which will reimburse your money back, if needed.
Unfortunately, it is not so.
My experience has shown that they are happy to take your money for this extra service, which is not intending to provide, actually.
We have suffered an accident with no injuries. Neither third party was involved, nor third party property was damaged.
The rent terms, written in the voucher, indicated we have to inform the local car rental company about the incident.
A local supplier told us that since there are no victims and the car is still on the run, no further action is necessary and we can continue our vacation, just to report the incident to the office of the supplier on car return and to fill out the necessary documents.
Contacting police was uniquely required only and solely when third party involved, which not took place in our case.
Nothing of the happened was not part of exclusions listed in the voucher.
After checking all documents provided, a local car rental company (AVIS) has fully paid all expenses for the repair caused by the accident damage.
The only thing left is to get the refund of excess from autoeurope.eu, paid by me to AVIS, according to the rental agreement.
Imagine my disappointment when more than 2 months after the car return, our claim was refused.
The reason for reject was absence of police report among our documents.
All my attempts to point autoeurope.eu that their own rental terms and conditions do not require such a report, in this particular case, were in vain.
All my reasoning mails answered by same answer: "You did not provide a police report, so, we have to deny your claim. All my arguments were simply ignored.
It is obvious that the company is not going to refund nothing, under any ridiculous, and not a legitimate excuse, using the fact that the client, living in other country, cannot do nothing.
I hope my case will help you to avoid troubles.

Post Scriptum:
It is important to clarify – later on, delving into their website, in the "help" section I found an
indication that the police report is indeed required in any case. But, as I mentioned above, my rental voucher was definitely not consist such formulating.

• 12/05/2015

Date of hire (month/year)

• Oslo, Norway

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Autoeuropeuk's Response to ozzzzy's Review

Written on: 12/02/2016

Dear Client,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry that our Customer Service Team were unable to issue the refund for the damage excess.

It is correct that we do ask for a police report and we do try our best to be as clear as we can with the terms and conditions of the excess refund package.

Your feedback will be passed to our management team so that they can review how the information is passed on to clients.

Many Thanks