Good prices, but customer service very lacking

SkylarClifford197's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“Good prices, but customer service very lacking”

Written on: 26/08/2015 by SkylarClifford197 (1 review written)

This was the second time I have hired a car through AutoEurope. Both times I was unable to make payment online using any of my debit or credit cards. The first time I called and spoke to someone in customer services who explained that my name was on a blacklist, except it wasn't me, it was someone who lives in the US. The second time when my card was declined again I rang customer services and and explained. The person I spoke to sounded as if they detested their job and could not be bothered to speak to me. However after a short conversation he said he had resolved it and my payment would go through within 24hrs. 36hrs later I still hadn't received confirmation, so I called again and was told some information was missing. I asked how I could be removed from the blacklist, and he said it wasn't possible, which I think is pretty ridiculous considering how many people in the world have the same name!! Surely they could add some other information, like a date of birth, passport number or a country of residence!

• August/2015

Date of hire (month/year)

• Slovakia

Choice of vehicles

Autoeuropeuk's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2015

Dear Client,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to learn of the problems you faced when trying to make a booking on the website.

We are looking at improving our Fraud Detection system, at present it does flag the name only and not the country of residence. We hope to have a better system in place soon.

Many Thanks