Wrong US partner & not interested in helping

adrianowens's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“Wrong US partner and not interested in helping”

Written on: 26/08/2019 by adrianowens (1 review written)

Hired a car through AutoEurope for US holiday. When we arrived after 9 hour flight found that the partner we thought was providing the car rental in US was Advantage not Europcar as we were advised when we booked.

Advantage staff were disinterested and misleading. The electronic device on which the rental agreement had to be signed showed only one line of text at a time and when I said repeatedly that I declined the option or it was already purchased the only reply was "It's Ok, its included just sign".

The resulting invoice was in my view deliberately confusing and when charged on returning the vehicle at the end of the car hire my bill only arrived as I was sat in Departures lounge.

On return to the UK I took up with AutoEurope but their customer service staff while superficially friendly and helpful did nothing substantive, merely relaying the Advantage line and trying to close the case at one point. In the end I got the response that there was nothing they could do. No recognition that they had changed partner from Europcar to Advantage and nothing to say what they were going to do to address the problems that one of their advisers freely admitted they were having with Advantage. I will NEVER use AutoEurope again.

• May 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Atlanta USA