Do not use this company

Mmwreviews's review of Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com

“Do not use this company ”

Written on: 02/10/2021 by Mmwreviews (1 review written)

I booked car rental for my parents as part of a trip we planned to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Their flight was due in at 6pm in Saturday to Cagliari Sardinia, but was 40 min late. The car rental company that Argus subcontract to, was closed. It seems from their website they are only open u til 6pm, even though customer service at Argus say they should be open u til 11pm.
When I spoke to Argus customer service, they said no one could help me and they would email, no email has arrived. They also said it would take up to 48 hours to get a response once I made an official complaint.
My parents had to get a taxi, which cost them some 140 euro. They are currently in a villa up a mountain tain, with no food and no transport. Argus, say they can't help and can't even quarantine they will get a car tomorrow, if they are able to get a taxi back to the airport. Don't what ever you do, make the same mistake and use this company. I have looked at b- rents reviews, the company they subcontract to in Cagliari and this has happened before. This amounts to selling a service they can't deliver on, with no solution provided.

• 2/10/2021

Date of hire (month/year)

• Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy