DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTS!

Lilah294's review of Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com

“DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTS!”

Written on: 21/01/2020 by Lilah294 (1 review written)

DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTS!

This email to them further to our nightmare

Good morning Shauna

We had the following problem –

Upon arriving into Heathrow we took a shuttle to the desk at the Holiday Inn to pick up our car – immediately they were on the phone to DVLA and did a license check – this I have never encountered.

They saw the 6 points on my license for an expired insurance policy I didn’t spot and got fined with points and then refused to rent us the car as their insurance didn’t cover most point violations – this they stated was the case with many smaller operators – obviously a cheaper insurance underwriters.

So there we were, stuck out of Heathrow with no car and no offer of help – we called Argus and again nothing they could do!

Another shuttle back to the airport (£24 so far) and off to Avis who I have a business account with – they saved the day and immediately provided me with a car.

The company “Green Motion” (aptly named!) – cancelled the booking on the spot – I request an immediate refund of charges – I will not go into the obvious extra expenses of transport and Avis as you can imagine they were significant.

Please confirm once done and we will move on – I am in the USA for another week FYI.

Best regards