Avoid & go to a more credible & easy to contact company !!

dimipar's review of Argus Car Hire - www.arguscarhire.com

“Avoid & go to a more credible & easy to contact company !!”

Written on: 29/11/2019 by dimipar (1 review written)

A month ago I had booked a car for 4 days. Due to sickness arrived 3,5 hs late to pick up the car from the airport. The provider (Hertz) said they didn't have car available anymore and we should contact our agent (Arguscarhire) to resolve and get our money back. There was no phone number to call Arguscarhire and find alternative and only way to communicate was via online chat. I did that and was on the chat with them over 15 minutes trying to get a solution. I asked the employee if he could transfer the booking to any other Hertz branch in London and we would go alone to pick up. He said he couldn't do this and the booking being valid the same day, only if we wanted it to start from the day after. So he recommended to do a completely new booking to get a car at that time and also raise a case to get our money from the original booking refunded. I said that's what we were going to do and he should raise the case. The communication crashed a few minutes after so I never got confirmation if he did raise it or received a transcript of that conversation. In the following week I contacted them again and again providing the same information. The new employees were not so sure a refund would be granted. In the end a case was raised (not sure if it was done from day one or later on). They started mentioning that it is written in the terms that in case of delayed pick up they cannot guarantee a car. Of course those terms don't clarify a specific time! Late can be even 10 minutes then. The employee the first day reassured that we would raise the case and receive the refund. Had we known this was not going to happen we would have waited 2-3 hours there until a car is returned and becomes available which is what the Hertz employees had mentioned we could do.
Almost a month after I got in touch to receive update. They said an email was sent as response to me basically rejecting the case saying no money would be given. ..And what a surprise, that e-mail was one of these that always end up in your spam.
End of the day, AVOID BY ALL MEANS a company that is inconsistent and does not respect it's clients. They will not care if you have any problem or take any action to resolve.

• 25/10/2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• London City Airport