Automated pick up is dreadful

carolyn2st's review of Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

“Automated pick up is dreadful”

Written on: 22/10/2019 by carolyn2st (1 review written)

The Alamo car rental pick up at LAX was machine only. I was given the impression that I had opted to pay for a full tank of gas for which I thought I was being charged $39 - I had a receipt to say that this would be taken off my credit card. But no money was taken off until return when they took over $55 despite there being gas left in the tank. This is deceptive and can only be accomplished with a machine operated system when you cant ask questions. The operative who was supposed to be helping us to use the machines was hostile and impatient and at one point actually put in information for me that was knowingly inaccurate saying that 'they dont care' and I just needed 'to hurry up'.
When we selected the cars, we were told to ‘pick any car’ no one checked the vehicle nor told us anything about how to operate the car – I couldn’t even start it without help from another customer.
When we returned the car, they trust the tiny-print receipt in my hand and ordered me move away and get into the queue for the shuttle - refused to give me time to read the receipt let alone answer any queries.
I would advise everyone to avoid them. There is NO customer service. The staff seem trained to AVOID helping you to understand and are presumably paid to move everything as quickly as possible regardless. You have no comeback if you dont understand what youre being asked to do.

• 28th September 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• USA Los Angeles LAX

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Alamocares's Response to carolyn2st's Review

Written on: 19/11/2019

We can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address this with you directly. Please message us and include your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.