Car rental ripoff

Guest's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Car rental ripoff”

Written on: 08/09/2017

I booked a car for 1 month through DoYouSpain and was given Goldcar as the supplier. I have used the site before with no problems, but this time was different. When we arrived at the airport, we were made to queue for over an hour and then our troubles began. The man serving us was rude and very abrupt. He told us we had to pay 65 Euros for the car being filled with petrol and then began to try and sell us further insurance. I showed him my Allianz policy that covered me for car hire but he told me it was not sufficient. I asked how much it was. He told me it was 5 Euros per day. This would have made the annual policy 1700 Euros, so I refused it. He then told me that because I was not taking out the insurance, that my breakdown cover would not be included either. I then started getting annoyed with his attitude and his English suddenly became very limited. The car I was given was a Toyota Aygo, not the Renault Clio I had booked, which could not get up the hills around Malaga without a great struggle, even with just 2 people and some hand luggage. Sadly, we had to return a week early due to bereavement and were told there could be no refund, instead, Goldcar charged us a further 25 Euros for nothing. The tank was still a quarter full, but no refund. This company is nothing short of disgraceful and I would warn anybody not to use them. You will pay dearly.

• August 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malaga, Spain

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 26/09/2017

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please let us explain that we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such as a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalized customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, we’re happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

Also, we would like to explain you we have a Priority Check-in service you can add during the booking process. With this service you don't need to worry about queues, because there is an exclusive desk for it.

Please let us explain our clients have two options of coverage. Both appear clearly detailed during the booking process, in FAQ section of our website and in Terms and Conditions of the contract you accepted.

First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered.

We always recommend our clients to take out Super Relax cover for their own safe and tranquility on the road, but they're completely free to decide about it.

We’re very surprised with your comment. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

Please let us explain that fuel policy is clearly indicated on our website.

In the first place, you can choose Flex Fuel system, with which you leave a deposit for a full fuel tank the day you pick the car up, and when you return it, the amount of used fuel will be charged by Goldcar and your deposit will be refunded. This rate has management costs due to several advantages attached to the own service.

On the other hand, you also can choose Full Fuel system, with which you leave a deposit for full tank, receive the car full of fuel and you have to return the same way, with the full tank. If the fuel tank is not full, the amount of missing liters will be deducted from money you initially left as a deposit.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.