Excess Milegae

ifMacLeod397's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Excess Milegae”

Written on: 23/08/2017 by ifMacLeod397 (1 review written)

I returned from Malaga to find charges on my credit card of 313.20EUR.

I hired a car from GoldCar and when I contacted them to find out what this was for I was told to download the invoice from online. When I did this the invoice just had ‘Alquiler Veh!culo’ and the fee on it.

I called them back and they said it was for excess mileage. My agreement allowed 90km a day, or 1800km over the trip but apparently I used 2583km.

This is impossible. I worked out the trips I took and I would be surprised if I used half my 1800km allowance.

I am now stuck knowing what to do. I had excess insurance but they won’t cover this obviously. I was so concerned photographing and videoing the car to show there was no damage, I didn’t photograph the mileage.

Not sure if anyone has had anything similar and can help. It to me this is the latest way of ripping customers off now people are getting familar with the excess rip off charges.

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/08/2017

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, please let us explain we record the vehicle's mileage on their collection as well as on their return. Therefore, we suggest you to refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.